How many days off do you get?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flight-crew

Curious about total days off per month and hours flown per month, for the various members on this message board.

Way too many (days off that is)...

Summer months at a University bite! Logged less than 20 hours in the past 30 days. But hey, I've picked up a valuable skill at my second job...I can now balance a tray full of food and beer!

Fed Ex reserve in Memphis

Sitting reserve in Memphis gives you a LOT of time off. Depending on your aircraft and seat, you can be used anywhere from a couple of days up to around 10 days or so a month. Gives me lots of time to fix up my house.

Goose17

I've been averaging 21 off with 60 hours. No complaints from me, although some of the guys who want alot of OT aren't too happy.

13 days off and 85 hours for July

But then it has been the opposite up until July. United has been overstaffed on the 737, and I have hardly flown at all in months and months. The manpower "gurus" (using that term very lightly) are finally getting the manpower correct, at least in my seat.

Skirt

At SWA in July I have 16 days off and 85 block hours. Had I not picked up an extra day I would have had 17 days off and 77 block hours.

But since we don't get paid by the block hour, the days off matter but the block hour doesn't. The 85 block hours equates to 107 trips for pay this month.

We fly more while at work, but seem to have more days off...

July was my first bid month at AirTran. My reserve line has 15 days off and they have already sent me out on a 4 day over my first 4 reserve days and have assigned me another 4 day on my last set of 4 reserve days leaving me with only this weekend and a day or two at the end of the month to really sit "reserve". That is good for me as I commute to ATL. Month is already worth 78 hours (8 hours over) with my last 4 day trip.

IAHERJ
ATL 717

Latest resources

Back