Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

how long to get the base you want at Eagle?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

threegreen

Mmmm, I look good.
Looking for BOS or LGA... assuming it doesn't happen out of training, how long might it take with a standing bid. What are the jr. bases?

Too many variables to list. If you get the EMB, you could possibly switch in 6-12 months. If you get the props, seat lock is 10 months, so nothing before then. If you get the CRJ, never.

No Chance!

Your base are belong to us!
:beer:

Equipment seat locks are 12 months, which is actually 15-16 months. After 12 months you will finally be able to bid from prop to jet. Which means if you can hold it you probably won't get a class date for another 3-4 months.

Luckily, we have a pay protection plan in place. Crew planning hasn't mastered the basic math skills that have caused SJU fo's to wait so long for jet class. I was awarded the jet in Sept and I don't go to class until late Jan because of lack of FO's in SJU. Planning has yet to realize that if they send 10 gringo newhires to SJU 1 will fail training 4-5 will quit in a few short months, 3-4 will go to the jet or miami first chance they get. Then it takes them another 2-3 months to realize that they need to send 10 more gringos down to SJU and thus starts the whole cycle all over again. They have yet to discover the pattern folks.

So in regard to your original question if you get the ERJ as a new hire, a base transfer could take from 1 month to 6, don't plan on LAX for 2 years at least. If you get the Saab, most likely you can get to jet training 13-14 months after you start with the company. Refer to the above paragraph if you get the ATR.

If you get hired at eagle don't hold your breath and prepare for the worst.

Yeah come on over so that you can have the pleasure to fly with AA-TWA FLOWBACKS like this one..

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica] Can't wait for the day. Maybe we can pick up a trip together. PM your info and I will make it happen. I have a line next month with Christmas off, doesn't that just suck for you.

I wonder how many legs I will "let" you fly. Wanna guess?

Maybe I will let you fly one just so I can say "I have the jet" at some point just to piss you off.

Now shut the #### up and go do another walk around
[/FONT]

PacoPollo said:
Yeah come on over so that you can have the pleasure to fly with AA-TWA FLOWBACKS like this one..

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica] Can't wait for the day. Maybe we can pick up a trip together. PM your info and I will make it happen. I have a line next month with Christmas off, doesn't that just suck for you.

I wonder how many legs I will "let" you fly. Wanna guess?

Maybe I will let you fly one just so I can say "I have the jet" at some point just to piss you off.

Now shut the #### up and go do another walk around
[/FONT]
Did I miss something? WTF??

Latest resources

Back