Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How Junior will JFK go for Comair Captains??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Our class (5/2) was just awarded our bases today. Out of 12, 8 are going to GSO (including myself) and 4 are going to CVG, all into the 50 seater. JFK was not an option given to our class but will be given to other classes soon.

imacdog said:
Our class (5/2) was just awarded our bases today. Out of 12, 8 are going to GSO (including myself) and 4 are going to CVG, all into the 50 seater. JFK was not an option given to our class but will be given to other classes soon.

imacdog,

How long did it take you to go from resume to interview? How long will it take you to hold a line?

If you do get JFk and have to commute, with the commuter clause that Comair has it should do away with any commuting stress. If you dont make it to JFK after giving yourself 2 flights an hour apart from each other online or off line jumpseat, with the second one getting in at least 1/2 hour prior to report you are not going to get a no show, you will lose pay for the segment missed but your not going to get in trouble. If you get reserve bid to fly which should get you to fly more, meaning possibly more over nights less need for a crashpad and sometimes you get trips scheduled on your line a head of time allowing you to commute in later vs. the night before once your notified of the trip. The only bad thing about JFK commuting from JFK or LGA are the delays you might have trying to get to and from NYC.

Last edited:
avoidingmyboss said:
imacdog,

How long did it take you to go from resume to interview? How long will it take you to hold a line?

It took about three weeks from sending in the resume to interview date, then another three weeks until class date. As far as reserve time goes in GSO it's anyone's guess right now but there are still a number of new hire slots to be filled there so my class may be holding lines fairly shortly. Classes are starting every week so get your resume in soon.

Not very junior after all... 38 captains bid it and the most junior upgrade has been around a little while at 1291..

Still room for 42 new hire FOs though!

Bummer, 1291 isn't the number I was hoping for:(

There were 37 UPGRADES though.

Now I guess I just have to hope they grow JFK in the future. Rumor has it they plan on doubling its size. Hopefully it will double sooner than later IF it does.

Congrats to all the upgrades,

Jet

Latest resources

Back