Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How I got hired at CAL, the good ole days....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If it's any consolation, I heard Lorenzo couldn't afford his usual hooker because he was paying the scabs so much. He had to rent a cheaper one and got a bad case of crabs.

I seem to remember 43,000 was capt pay back then, not new hire pay.

True and if you didn't like it you could go elsewhere.

If you were a military pilot and sent a resume to CAL in mid 80 you will be given class dates to choose from without any interview.

It is a crappy place, that never attracted good people. Never cared to. Spineless pilots don't demand much and don't mind flying up to 88 hours with regular junior manning.

Point taken but begs the question, and another thread that, who decides how much flying per month is too much? Is it 60, 70 80, 50, ????

Point taken but begs the question, and another thread that, who decides how much flying per month is too much? Is it 60, 70 80, 50, ????

Each pilot group thru their own representation.

Each property is unique with its own culture and history. Having a central "council" decide what is best for each, is not workable....

True and if you didn't like it you could go elsewhere.

If you were a military pilot and sent a resume to CAL in mid 80 you will be given class dates to choose from without any interview.

It is a crappy place, that never attracted good people. Never cared to. Spineless pilots don't demand much and don't mind flying up to 88 hours with regular junior manning.

What? I have 19 hours YTD.........IAH 756 FO and proud!!!

Latest resources

Back