Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How do you replace the FCC radio telephone permit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AWACoff

I have misplaced mine. Do I have to buy another or is there a way to get a replacement for a couple of bucks? Thanks.

AWACoff

The internet is a wonderful thing!

Google + "fcc radiotelephone permit replace" + 5 seconds =

http://wireless.fcc.gov/commoperators/rp.html

Scroll to the bottom and it has links to the forms required to replace the permit.

Have a great day.

AWACoff said:
I have misplaced mine. Do I have to buy another or is there a way to get a replacement for a couple of bucks? Thanks.

AWACoff

In the XJ FOM there is a phone number for the FCC of 202-418-FORM (3676) for a replacement.

I would be a little careful if you are flying for a 121 airline right now and don't have it. It is required to be with you while you are flying. Our FOM states if you have misplaced it that you are supposed to tell scheduling and placed on a (INTERNATIONAL) no fly list. It is no different then flying without your license or medical or Passport.

Good Luck, I hope the number helps.

I lost mine a few months ago. When I called and spoke with the agent she told me it would be the full 55 dollar fee to get a new one, but she suggested that I change my name (ie add my middle intial) or shorten my address (ie shorten street to st. ). She told me that it they would then send me a new card without charging me anything. I did it all online and I recieved my new card within a few weeks. Hope this helps and saves you a little bit of money. PM me if you have any further questions.

Latest resources

Back