How do you log sim time @ HPA and K&S?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

avoidingmyboss

I went to HPA awhile back and got the type. I logged my sim time in the column marked sim. The FO I had on my check ride was a FO that HPA provided. Would this person log the sim time and put log FO time in the appropriate column?

avoidingmyboss said:
I went to HPA awhile back and got the type. I logged my sim time in the column marked sim. The FO I had on my check ride was a FO that HPA provided. Would this person log the sim time and put log FO time in the appropriate column?

Sim time is sim time. There is no PIC or SIC. I don't believe there is a carrier out there who cares about sim time, so don't sweat it.

Sim Time = Sim Time

Only can log as Sim Time, and if you choose, Dual Received

Nothing else!

Jim

I would guess that most airline pilots don't log sim time. It isn't total, flight, or multi, so it isn't considered for employment purposes. If you feel the need to log it, log it properly so your next employer doesn't question your time logging practices.

So what do you write in your log book? I have read that SWA wants to see some kind of entry in your log book when you interview.

"So what do you write in your log book?"

Been there, done that.

mark it as "sim" time. do not log it as PIC, SIC, TOTAL or anything else. Just mark "sim". i think i logged the approaches i did since they count towards currency but that's about it.

Latest resources

Back