Hourly Pay Rates for Airplanes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hoover

I am curious about something. How does ALPA come up with a pay rates for a given aircraft type? For example, here at Air Wisconsin, a new hire CRJ First Officer gets paid $22.99 an hour. A second year First Officer makes $33.55 an hour, and a first year Captain makes $54.22 an hours. How were those numbers arrived at? Is there some sort of formula? Once a basic rates is arrived at, how is that rate adjusted for various steps along the scale (Year 1 vs Year 2 and so on).

Anyone have any insight to share?

As a former AWAC guy I can tell you the FO rates were negotiated as a % of the captains rates. I dont remember the % but I think it was around 60-65%.

Hoover: ALPA doesn't set pay rates for the carriers. The pilots and management typically get together over a period of several years and negotiate a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). The CBA covers the work rules and sets the pay rates.

The pilots may be advised by ALPA lawyers but line pilots on the negotiating committee reach a tentative agreement and then all the pilots (not on probation) vote on it. If it passes, the agreement goes into effect.

Again, ALPA does not set the pay rates.

FJ

I don't they don't set the pay rates, they negotiate for them. But how do they establish a base from which to negotiate

hoover said:
I don't they don't set the pay rates, they negotiate for them. But how do they establish a base from which to negotiate
ever haggle over the price of a car? It's just like that.

Latest resources

Back