Hotels in Europe...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

nck4857

I need info on hotels in London, Rome & Paris for the end of January... Any good discounts or hotels anyone can recommend? Looking mostly for something cheap and a decent location.. Thanks

Check up on hostels. eurotrip.com. You can't beat the price and the chances of meeting some fine European ladies couldn't be better!

Sorry to be smart@ss man but I don't think you will find the terms 'relatively cheap and good location' to be together at all in the three mentioned cities. Hotels in Europe have always been bad, but with the dollar's recent tanking expect to get raped with hotels especially in London. Might not be a bad idea to look into hostels where you can get your own room if you book ahead far enough.

"cheap" "London"...

right...

decent location plan on $350/night. Im not talking luxury here either...

the dollar is dik overseas.

If you're flying over there, call the FBOs or handlers first. They have always been pretty competitive for me. Even if you're on a personal trip, tell them that you're aircrew and they might help. Also check out www.baseops.net There's some hotel links on the upper right of the page.

check out aerlingushotels.com. it won't give you discounts or anything but it is a good website for finding hotels. it's faster than travelocity, ect and you are able to map location after selecting. like that other cat said, good luck on cheap. I went to Madrid and Barcelona, MAD got a 3 star hotel, $120 a night. typical euro hotel (small), but a great location.

another thing like the one guy mentioned, hostels.com. most offer a "private/ensuite" for around 50-60 dollars a night. i've done it twice, both times I was pretty impressed with the location as well as overall cleanliness of the places I stayed.

I guess more info is needed on your trip. Are you by yourself or with a significant other ? Is this business or pleasure ?

My info tends to be more for someone who is on vacation. I spent a week in Paris with my wife at the end of June and we found a decent three star place in the Latin Quarter for just under 100 Euros per night. I would hope that the price is less in the winter. There are bunch of places around the Sorbonne in that price range and lower. You could stay out by CDG in the town of Roissy where there are a bunch of hotels that give good aircrew discounts. The Courtyard by Marriott quoted 75 Euros. The problem would be getting into the city as it takes about two hours with taking the shuttle to the airport and then the RER into the city.

For Rome I like the area around the Termini train station. Again lots of two and three star places for under 100 Euros per night. It is pretty easy to get there by train from Fiumicino Airport.

I usually just turn up and then find a place to stay that way I can look at the room and the location and decide if I like it. It takes a little longer but I find the best deals and locations that way.

I can't give you any specific names as I'm on the road right now.

Typhoonpilot

When I went to London for two days I stayed here....

Millennium Baileys Hotel - information: 4
140 Gloucester Road, London, England, UK, SW7 4QH
http://www.milesfaster.co.uk/london-hotels/millennium-baileys-hotel.htm

VERY nice hotel from what I could tell.

About a one minute walk to the Gloucester tube stop which is about three stops from Victoria station. Where the Gatwick express leaves from.

Paid about 143USD for a Sunday night rate thru lastminute.com kiousk at Gatwick...however....my unplaned stay Monday cost 214USD...although rather worth it ;)

Wankel

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back