Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Anaconda

FLY ARMY!
WHY anyone would want to work here at a time like this is beyond me...

Comair is hiring pilots and needs to fill immediate and future class vacancies with qualified applicants. Pilot minimums include: 1,200 TT, 200 ME, COMM/INST/ME, ATP written, valid passport, Class I medical, and high school diploma or GED. Applicants who do not meet the minimums are still encouraged to apply. Visit their Web site at www.comair.com for further information or apply online at www.airlineapps.com/transition/45/pilots.asp.

does it beat instructing or unemployment?

Anaconda said:
WHY anyone would want to work here at a time like this is beyond me...

Comair is hiring pilots and needs to fill immediate and future class vacancies with qualified applicants. Pilot minimums include: 1,200 TT, 200 ME, COMM/INST/ME, ATP written, valid passport, Class I medical, and high school diploma or GED. Applicants who do not meet the minimums are still encouraged to apply. Visit their Web site at www.comair.com for further information or apply online at www.airlineapps.com/transition/45/pilots.asp.

wow, only one post before someone said that. original reply. ask some of the junior pilots and they might tell you no.

and fyi, when i was fired during the strike of 2001, i actually did make more on unemployment than when i was on reserve after the strike.

Last edited:
ask the new hires that just had their June classes canceled. I hope they hadn't given up their current jobs yet.

Demboyz06 said:
Have the recent newhires been getting JFK or CVG?

We have not had any new hire pilots since October 2005. Training for a couple of new hire classes begins in a week (June 26 I think). Better to ask that question after that time.

Anaconda said:
ask some of the junior pilots and they might tell you no.

I was unemployed and instructing for the first three months of the year, and I can honostly say that flying for Comair is better. My schedule sucks, but I'm flying a lot (which I want). When life gives you lemons make lemonade.

I made $35 an hour as an instructor and worked my own schedule. Although I am quite content where I work now, there were times when my last jet gig made being a CFI look attractive again.

DrewBlows said:
I was unemployed and instructing for the first three months of the year, and I can honostly say that flying for Comair is better. My schedule sucks, but I'm flying a lot (which I want). When life gives you lemons make lemonade.

That's all good but would you recommend that your flight instructing friends come work here knowing what you know now?

"Flying a lot" isn't everything...

Anaconda said:
That's all good but would you recommend that your flight instructing friends come work here knowing what you know now?

"Flying a lot" isn't everything...

Of course I wouldn't recommend that my flight instructor friends come here, but for that matter I wouldn't recommend any regional to my flight instructor friends (well maybe Horizon). That doesn't mean that Comair isn't better than unemployment or flight instructing (would you do either?). You made a blanket statement that junior pilots (which I am) would say that flight instructing and unemployment was bettter. I'm telling you that I am a junior pilot, I have been unemployed, I have flight instructed (recently), and Comair is better.

I also understand that flying a lot isn't everything, but since my fellow "brothers" found it necessary to vote me a very large pay cut while I was "unemployed and flight instructing" I now find it necessary to find a better job, and since I am fairly low time, "flying a lot" is a pretty good thing. Not to mention that I am still making a fairly good living until my "brothers" decide to vote me another pay cut.

Latest resources

Back