http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/jobseeker/jobsearch/job_detail.html?job_id=JOM6PQK8A

Job ID 322-2
Position Type Full-Time Employee
Company Name Horizon Airlines
Location Seattle, WA
Salary Unspecified
Date Posted June 6, 2006
Experience 2-5 Years Experience

Horizon Air seeks those who exemplify the company's shared values of heart, innovation/initiative, integrity, continuous improvement and partnership.
Requirements

Primary Duties:
The Pilot in command of an aircraft is directly responsible for, and is the final authority as to the safe operation of that aircraft. They must understand the FAR's and comply at all times. Pilots coordinate tasks to permit flight fueling, loading, passenger handling, etc. and associated duties to covey passengers in a safe manner in accordance with company policies, and procedures, FOM, FAR's, CRF's, etc. Pilots are team members both in the cockpit (CRM), and with other operational departments. Pilots are expected to present a professional image at all times, including grooming standards and demeanor, as a key representative of the company to both external customers and internal employees.

Minimum Requirements:
-Must hold current class FAA Medical Certificate
-High school diploma or equivalent
-FAA Commercial Pilot's Certificate with multi-engine and instrument ratings
-Minimum 1,000 hours of total flight time, with a minimum of 60 hours flown in last 6 months
-Minimum 100 hours multi-engine
-Minimum age of 18

Strong Preferences:
-College degree from a four year accredited university

Core Competencies:
At Horizon we measure performance as it relates to our company values and success factors to include: Building Trust, Initiating Action, Customer Service Orientation, Safety Consciousness, Adaptability, Work Ethic, and Technical Ability.
Fingerprinting:
Federal regulations may require applicants to submit fingerprints for a criminal history investigation(s).
Drug Screening:
This position may be a FAA Covered position, which is subject to mandated breath alcohol and drug testing.

Your thread title is a bit misleading.

Horizon pilots may be based at any of their three domiciles depending on equipment assigned and need. Dash 8-200s are based in PDX and SEA, Q400s in PDX only (for now...so they say), and the CRJ in PDX and DEN.

It just so happens that the corporate offices are in Seattle, hence the "Location" is listed as Seattle.

flx757 said:
Your thread title is a bit misleading.

Horizon pilots may be based at any of their three domiciles depending on equipment assigned and need. Dash 8-200s are based in PDX and SEA, Q400s in PDX only (for now...so they say), and the CRJ in PDX and DEN.

It just so happens that the corporate offices are in Seattle, hence the "Location" is listed as Seattle.

Smart ass reply edited out. Trying to stay on the high road here boss.

I don't think my reply was worth of a "smart ass" response. Just pointing out the obvious to those who sometimes have difficulty with it..(many of the Flightinfo users suffer from this affliction.) I sure did not intend for you to take it personally. Just trying to point out that the pilot positions available at Horizon may or may not be "@ KSEA" as the tread title implies.

But, since you evidently did take it personally, then I'm sorry. And I will refrain from the smart ass comment and take the high road, also.

Last edited:
I'm looking for a FO position. Horizon looks good, but flight benefits are important to me. Does anybody know if Horizon offers travel for immediate family? The starting pay looks better than many regionals. What's the catch?

phc said:
I'm looking for a FO position. Horizon looks good, but flight benefits are important to me. Does anybody know if Horizon offers travel for immediate family? The starting pay looks better than many regionals. What's the catch?

The catch???

NO GROWTH! PERIOD!

Enjoy sitting in the right seat for 7+ years!

flx757 said:
I don't think my reply was worth of a "smart ass" response.
You're right, it wasn't. I guess I was just spring loaded to the pissed off position this morning after finding out I didn't get a job I wanted. This mandatory retirement crap sucks. I hope Smith and Quesada burn in hell.

But, since you evidently did take it personally, then I'm sorry. And I will refrain from the smart ass comment and take the high road, also.

Nah, I didn't take it personally. I'm sorry too.

Did you ever fly with Fred P., aka Phlyly? He was an old squadron mate of mine. Good guy. He should be running out of FAA birthdays about now too.

I see Kevin F. has done pretty well for himself at AS. We were instructors together at NKX for a short while. He should be hitting 60 soon.

phc said:

Yes it does. Free on Horizon, Alaska and Frontier. Althought every flight seems to be close to full so it doesn't seem to matter much.

Thanks for the info, guys. Heard that they're getting some new planes in soon and hoping that will help with the upgrade time. QCappy, do you know if they do reduced fares on the other airlines?

phc said:
Thanks for the info, guys. Heard that they're getting some new planes in soon and hoping that will help with the upgrade time. QCappy, do you know if they do reduced fares on the other airlines?

Yes. 75-90% off on most other airlines.

Latest resources

Back