Horizon a go?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bluepost

LOS ANGELES, March 16 (Reuters) - NetJets Inc. on Wednesday said it has a tentative agreement to purchase up to 50 Hawker Horizon from Raytheon Aircraft Co., a unit of Raytheon Co. (RTN.N: Quote, Profile, Research) , for its expanding fractional market fleet.

The tentative agreement includes a 10 year maintenance program. The Hawker Horizon is a super-midsize business aircraft.

According to BB we netted 50 aircraft in 2004 and will net 45 this year and more in 2006. Who is buying anyone knows...talk about ups and downs...

At almost 5 pilots per aircraft that is 250 a year not counting guys leaving or any catch up for 91k. Last list I saw dated Feb 14th had 2040 pilots +/-

bluepost said:
LOS ANGELES, March 16 (Reuters) - NetJets Inc. on Wednesday said it has a tentative agreement to purchase up to 50 Hawker Horizon from Raytheon Aircraft Co., a unit of Raytheon Co. (RTN.N: Quote, Profile, Research) , for its expanding fractional market fleet.

The tentative agreement includes a 10 year maintenance program. The Hawker Horizon is a super-midsize business aircraft.

According to BB we netted 50 aircraft in 2004 and will net 45 this year and more in 2006. Who is buying anyone knows...talk about ups and downs...

At almost 5 pilots per aircraft that is 250 a year not counting guys leaving or any catch up for 91k. Last list I saw dated Feb 14th had 2040 pilots +/-

Maybe that explains the 2 1/2 year upgrade prediction..... Either that or the potential mass exodus of PO'd pilots...

150 captains for those 50 airplanes that are going to be delivered over the next 4-5 years. Yeah, that should solve the upgrade problem. Come on 6, you're an Air Force Officer, use that cabbage before you post.

On Your Six said:
Maybe that explains the 2 1/2 year upgrade prediction..... Either that or the potential mass exodus of PO'd pilots...
I wouldn't believe Derinda and the HR folks. Remember, their job is to try to sell the company to potential new hires. If I had that job I'd probably lie too, since that's what I'd be paid to do. The math still doesn't add up anywhere near a 2 1/2 year upgrade. Better double that and then cross your fingers and hope it doesn't get even longer. Don't forget that Captain Bypass Pay will go away in the next year or more when a new contract gets approved. That's a lot of folks in line to upgrade ahead of any new hires that may decide they are tough enough to try to survive on less than $30,000/year.

I don't see a mass exodus. Where will they go? Have the airlines suddenly stopped bleeding money like a stuck pig? Pilots get more PO'd with every day that drags by. Hopefully that will strengthen our collective resolve when the time comes. Until then, I think most of us are ready for a long overdue showdown. I know I am.

Upgrades could go to 2.5 years if we go to 7 pilots per airplane (5 pics per plane). That is what is needed for 91K. When will management figure this out. If they do we will have 1900 PiCs and 1000 SICs. That will take everybody on the list now to PIC except 200 SICs.,,, Or we can continue to CHARTER.

They say 400 more pilots will be hired this yr. take us o 2500 pilots.

We could go to only 6 pilots per plane if we go on a 6 ON 4 OFF schedule... with 4 PICs and 2 SICs per Plane, Then the 400 newhires this year would take us to the proper level. About 1650 PICs and 850 SICs. That would upgrade everybody on our current list except for the junior 450.

Last edited:
Majik; Not sure if this means anything with regard to NJA upgrades, but here are the latest airline hiring numbers through the end of Feb.

376 new hires year to date.

188 new hires in Feb

162 new hires projected for March

Furlough list at 8287 at end of Feb down from 8380 in Jan.

Last edited:
Starman said:
150 captains for those 50 airplanes that are going to be delivered over the next 4-5 years. Yeah, that should solve the upgrade problem. Come on 6, you're an Air Force Officer, use that cabbage before you post.

It was an attempt at sarcasm (a weak one I guess).... I'll work harder next time to be more obvious.

That will be great......If they ever get full certification on the thing. I smell another Starship / Premier comming.

We are going to be hiring a bunch more than any of these estimates. The Marquis Program is out of control and the owners want to be flown around in their own aircraft again. We will need an increase in our own core fleet, so we don't get sued for burning up the owners assets by flying them on "charters", ie: Marquis programs around the clock.

By my estimates, we are about sixty aircraft short!

At the interview last week they said selling shares in half the core aircraft was a big mistake and now they're urgently looking for 20 or so planes to replace those.

AirBear

Hawkered said:
We are going to be hiring a bunch more than any of these estimates. The Marquis Program is out of control and the owners want to be flown around in their own aircraft again. We will need an increase in our own core fleet, so we don't get sued for burning up the owners assets by flying them on "charters", ie: Marquis programs around the clock.

By my estimates, we are about sixty aircraft short!

Latest resources

Back