• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hold on tight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How does the new Bombardier order compare to the Flexjet order already on the books? I believe Flex already had Lear 85s and CL350s on order - right?

How does the new Bombardier order compare to the Flexjet order already on the books? I believe Flex already had Lear 85s and CL350s on order - right?

It is the same order! It's the one that was announced a few weeks ago. Just with 245 options now.

Yes, I've read the LOA. The LOA is between Directional Capital, LLC, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, and the Pilots in the service of Flight Options.

From today's press release:

"...agreement for the sale of Flexjet's activities to Flexjet, LLC, a newly-created company funded by a group led by Directional Aviation Capital".

Is Directional Aviation Capital the same as Directional Capital LLC as listed in the LOA? Is this just a nuance of names? Or is it a Sec. 1 loophole big enough to fly a Global through?

"NOW, THEREFORE, it is agreed that:
1. Directional shall not establish a new air carrier to do fractional or JetPASS card holder flying of the type covered by the Flight Options/IBT CBA, unless such flying operations are flown by Pilots on the Flight Options Pilot Seniority List in accordance with the Flight Options/IBT CBA (as it presently exists or as subsequently amended)."

Thanks.

Looking at the orders announced it would seem there would need to be hiring to that strength or greater.

My point is I do not think hiring will be easy unless pay goes up because of the expected hiring at Majors and Regionals who i also believe will need to bump up the pay. I saw $5000 signing bonuses mentioned somewhere on the regional board

They'll have no problem filling the seats with the 600+ resumes they're currently sifting through.

Keep it in perspective fellas. At least you've still got jobs. Enjoy our former Owners. You're welcome.

"NOW, THEREFORE, it is agreed that:
1. Directional shall not establish a new air carrier to do fractional or JetPASS card holder flying of the type covered by the Flight Options/IBT CBA, unless such flying operations are flown by Pilots on the Flight Options Pilot Seniority List in accordance with the Flight Options/IBT CBA (as it presently exists or as subsequently amended)."

Flexjet is not an air carrier. You'll find this on their website:
"The Flexjet 25 Jet Card program is operated under Part 135 by U.S. air carrier Jet Solutions, LLC. Flexjet acts as an agent for Jet Solutions, LLC, in connection with the Flexjet 25 Jet Card program. Flexjet acts as an agent for the customer for the on-demand charter brokerage program in arranging transportation operated under Part 135 by U.S. air carriers."
As far as the FAA (and so the lawyers) are concerned, the air carrier is a separate LLC, majority owned by Dennis Keith I believe, and the Flexjet planes are dry leased and the Flex pilots are acting as agents for Jet Solutions whenever a 135 flight is flown. The legal definition of air carrier is very well defined - it's a certificated entity operating under 121 or 135. A 91K company is a program manager.

As I said earlier, my guess is they'll change agency agreements over to Options, and be the biggest brand partner of 'em all. What's the scope limit you negotiated on brand partner flying, again?

For the Options pilots' sake I hope I'm wrong in this, but it looks to me like you got rolled again.

Keep it in perspective fellas. At least you've still got jobs. Enjoy our former Owners. You're welcome.

Keep in perspective, also, that we didn't seek out to be purchased by anyone. So, anything that we may gain at your loss is not something that we sought out.

I am sure this will all work itself out to the satisfactions of both pilot groups and be a positive development.

I honestly don't think that Kenn plans to stick it to the options pilots since the good will in the current relations between the pilots and management can turn sour very quickly well before the next round of negotiations begin on the next contract. If the company is following the letter of the agreement and not the sprit in which it was made it can cause unwarranted tensions that can have a negative affect on the whole operation.

Flexjet is not an air carrier. You'll find this on their website:
"The Flexjet 25 Jet Card program is operated under Part 135 by U.S. air carrier Jet Solutions, LLC. Flexjet acts as an agent for Jet Solutions, LLC, in connection with the Flexjet 25 Jet Card program. Flexjet acts as an agent for the customer for the on-demand charter brokerage program in arranging transportation operated under Part 135 by U.S. air carriers."
As far as the FAA (and so the lawyers) are concerned, the air carrier is a separate LLC, majority owned by Dennis Keith I believe, and the Flexjet planes are dry leased and the Flex pilots are acting as agents for Jet Solutions whenever a 135 flight is flown. The legal definition of air carrier is very well defined - it's a certificated entity operating under 121 or 135. A 91K company is a program manager.

As I said earlier, my guess is they'll change agency agreements over to Options, and be the biggest brand partner of 'em all. What's the scope limit you negotiated on brand partner flying, again?

For the Options pilots' sake I hope I'm wrong in this, but it looks to me like you got rolled again.

...or they may have bought out Dennis Keith and folded his certificate into the new company...saves a lot of money as they won't have to transfer a/c, perform any required conformity procedures/flights, crew members are already on the certificate, etc.

Latest resources

Back