Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pete

So I've been in the pool at NJA for over a year now. Has hiring completely stopped or are they still putting on new hire classes? Haven't seen many posts lately.

As of the early May, (comp. recurrent) they said there will be no more new hire classes this year.

However, things are always subject to change.

We're 300 pilots overstrength. I wouldn't expect hiring to resume until sometime mid-2004 at the EARLIEST.

Pete said:
So I've been in the pool at NJA for over a year now. Has hiring completely stopped or are they still putting on new hire classes? Haven't seen many posts lately.

Netjets doesn't have a hiring pool. Do you mean you put a application in over a year ago?

What Pool?

I'm not tryin to rain on your parade, but I was interviewed and hired less then a year ago.

Really, I'm not tryin to skank you. I just wondered what you were being told?

bartpearl said:
We're 300 pilots overstrength. I wouldn't expect hiring to resume until sometime mid-2004 at the EARLIEST.

You guys (NJA) must have some really deep pockets to have 300 extra pilots!!! :eek:

Last edited:
NJA was hiring very aggressively, anticipating the continued delivery of our larger cabin sized aircraft. When the stall horn sounded on the economy, many of our large and mid sized cabin customers downsized into the smaller aircraft, slowing delivery dates on the bigger planes. We're fat on pilots right now, but I've still been working in the Citation VII. Most of the other fleets seem fairly busy as well. I think (hope) the economy is slowly starting to improve. My brother,
(a CAL 737 driver) told me that CAL is actually operating in the black, and will post a slight profit this quarter. That's good news for everybody....I'd sure like to see every pilot on street, back in the cockpit where they belong.

BigFlyr said:
You guys (NJA) must have some really deep pockets to have 300 extra pilots!!! :eek:

I don't think that's totally true. Our Chief Pilot runs around during recurrent telling us we are fat by 200 so we can all be thankful that we still have jobs (By the way, I am - I've been furloughed twice but I'm still ON BOARD!!). It's all PR and perception as we are in the middle of this contract and the company is trying to separate the pilot group…..typical contract tactics.

The fact is that we are fat in certain area. For example, in the Ultra we now have over 300 Captains and only around 130 FO's. When we start taking the CJ3 (whenever that will be) they will get the numbers back in line as pilots leave the V program. However, I still don't think we are busting at the seams with pilots.

Another point - with an average salary of $30,000.....a 300 pilot overage isn't a huge monetary point when you look at the big scheme of things at NJA. That's around 9 million and we waist that in a month in catering!

Latest resources

Back