Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hey Undies and Empty Nipple kids, wanna go to Jetblue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just so you all know, Cape Air operates ATR's out of Guam, so there's a good chance that the JB flowthrough pilots would have a good amount of turbine time. I'd even go so far as to say that they'd have better experience than most because they'd start their careers in piston twin, then move onto turbines before moving into jets, unlike most pilots nowadays who go from 172's into RJ's. Also several Cape Air pilot have gotten hired by other Majors recently.

I would rather take my money and attend the prestigous DELTA CONNECTION ACADEMY,there I could be schooled in the high art of becoming a Double Breasted D.H.

I agree that flying 402s in the Northeast is great experience, but do you really want someone in the right seat of your 175,000 lb jet that has never flown anything bigger than a light twin Cessna?

Oh, you agree?...

Aren't you the guy that purchased their airline job, and really, since then, has never done any of the "paying due's" type of flying. Any "real" flying.

Maybe you should tone down the judgments on other peoples flying experience. Your about as cookie-cutter as they come.

Maybe I was a little harsh, but your post's just rub me the wrong way.

But with so many experienced, qualified Captains out there, this program is transparently about nothing more than providing a steady stream of kool-aid drinkers with SJS rather than having to raise the compensation, benefits, and work rules to attract qualified applicants.

How's the contract negotiations at Pinnacle going?

How's the contract negotiations at Pinnacle going?
Why are you asking someone that hasn't worked there in almost a year?

Has JB changed mins? A year and half ago my buddy with PIC turboprop time couldn't get a JB interview all while he has offers from FX and SWA.....

So why is it PIC Part 121 turboprop time isn't as good as this new JB pipeline program?

I resemble that remark....
I toured some JB open houses over a year ago and won over Verna and her boss Dean. My friend who was part of the interviewing committee found out that I was considered non competitive by this barger brother who runs the training dept. because I only flew turbo props (over 14 years pic) and have no jet time. Dean himself told me that HR had to follow the hiring criteria that was sent down to them from this barger brother otherwise they (HR) were stepping on toes. Half a dozen of my friends got on with no jet time during the early days of JB. But when I was finally interested in working for JB barger's mindset is/was that regional turbo prop guys just don't have what it takes. (now a guy who flies for Cape Air for 2 years is experienced enough?) Sure I could probably get an interview now but I've already got better offers and opportunities....(and completely uninterested in JB now).
Just for the record I'm not bitter, I'm just surprised at what looks like a little desperation to make a buck and/or fill some seats. I sincerely hope it all works out over there for my blue friends. JB management's minds must be operating in a blue haze or just have a case of the blue balls.:eek:

Last edited:
Oh, you agree?...

Aren't you the guy that purchased their airline job, and really, since then, has never done any of the "paying due's" type of flying. Any "real" flying.

Maybe you should tone down the judgments on other peoples flying experience. Your about as cookie-cutter as they come.

Maybe I was a little harsh, but your post's just rub me the wrong way.

OUCH! :laugh:

Latest resources

Back