Hey regional pilots - DUMP ALPA!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

superfly

As a former regional pilot with a few airlines I can state ALPA does not have your best interest at hand. Time for a super regional airline union which represents the pilots. An impending pilot shortage in a few years combined with new restrictions on hiring. Use this leverage to improve ALL pilots QOL. How about a master seniority list? Think outside the box, as your CEO's will try and keep you in it.

Every month I still get that stupid magazine from ALPA make me pissed on how I was screwed by them.

Get mad and Rise Up!!

I don't want to share a seniority list with 90% of other regional pilots. Sorry. The Beech 1900 captain with six DUIs, Pinnacle FO who can barely speak English, nor any guy/gal who wears sunglasses on top of head.

I don't want to share a seniority list with 90% of other regional pilots. Sorry. The Beech 1900 captain with six DUIs, h, nor any guy/gal who wears sunglasses on top of head.
I don't care about the DUI guy, or the sunglasses guy, but the Peeknuckle guy needs to be kicked square in the mangina, repeatedly! They know what for.....

Pinchanickle was hiring from the place that produced most of the accident pilots of the last decade. Sorry. It's a zero to hero group of misfits.

What other good reason would anyone besides the most senior 9E pilots vote for that kind of contract. 7.5 years of poverty. They know what they're worth, that's why.

Last edited:
As a former regional pilot with a few airlines I can state ALPA does not have your best interest at hand. Time for a super regional airline union which represents the pilots. An impending pilot shortage in a few years combined with new restrictions on hiring. Use this leverage to improve ALL pilots QOL. How about a master seniority list? Think outside the box, as your CEO's will try and keep you in it.

Every month I still get that stupid magazine from ALPA make me pissed on how I was screwed by them.

Get mad and Rise Up!!

I nominate the IBT as the go to regional super union! They've been awesome for us at RAH. I even get a super glossy trucker mag every month!

Pinchanickle was hiring from the place that produced most of the accident pilots of the last decade. Sorry. It's a zero to hero group of misfits.

What other good reason would anyone besides the most senior 9E pilots vote for that kind of contract. 7.5 years of poverty. They know what they're worth, that's why.

Not all their pilots came from there. For example: a lot of good pilots came from Mesaba. You shouldn't categorize an entire group because of a small percentage of pilots. In my opinion it was their training culture that was mostly to blame. Thankfully that is changing.

Ok

So a super seniority list is not the answer, but a regional only union is! Every airline would have it's on division and a rep on a super council from every airline to vote on policies to advance the whole pilot force. Think about it, ALPA is using you as a whipsaw to improve lives at mainline and sell there trickle down BS to the regionals as a bait and switch for sub standard working conditions.

You deserve more! Demand it! Max pay till the last day!

So a super seniority list is not the answer, but a regional only union is! Every airline would have it's on division and a rep on a super council from every airline to vote on policies to advance the whole pilot force. Think about it, ALPA is using you as a whipsaw to improve lives at mainline and sell there trickle down BS to the regionals as a bait and switch for sub standard working conditions.

You deserve more! Demand it! Max pay till the last day!

I'm all for trying to polish the pot I'm pissing in, but mainline and regionals are always going to be diametrically opposed. At the regional level, we will always be nothing more than outsourced cheaper labor. Rise up at one, and just get replaced by someone that'll do it cheaper. Most folks at regionals have much higher aspirations than sticking around any longer than necessary. We'd much rather see more jobs created at the mainline carriers. To hell with the regional carriers!

We'd much rather see more jobs created at the mainline carriers. To hell with the regional carriers!

Yep. But any group that votes 85% in favor of an extremely damaging contract is suspect. Not only does it encourage outsourcing, it encourages lowering of wages at the out-source.

It only demonstrates that they knew, even in a pilot's market, that they're worth the poverty-level wages they agreed to. Why not walk off the job? A two or five year FO in their 20's had no other choice? Really?

Latest resources

Back