• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

enigma

good ol boy
Does SWA interview at airfairs?

I heard that SWA was at a airline job expo in Miami today. Apparently they were interviewing on the spot. Is this possible. If so, how do I find out their job expo intenerary?

I'll buy a ticket to the next one if SWA is actually interviewing on the spot.

regards,
enigma

Take this for what it’s worth. I’m not Chase or Luvchild but I do frequent HPA and bump into LL on Fridays when I can. The question about airline job fairs has been brought up a few times and she said that going to them would not help you out. It was all about being competitive. If they were interviewing in Miami I guess you and I are out of the loop.

TT 4600
T-PIC 1500 all part 91
Two type ratings including the 737
App. last June 2004
And I work at LL’s favorite University
No call as of today

singlespeed said:
Take this for what it’s worth. I’m not Chase or Luvchild but I do frequent HPA and bump into LL on Fridays when I can. The question about airline job fairs has been brought up a few times and she said that going to them would not help you out. It was all about being competitive. If they were interviewing in Miami I guess you and I are out of the loop.

TT 4600
T-PIC 1500 all part 91
Two type ratings including the 737
App. last June 2004
And I work at LL’s favorite University
No call as of today

Wear shorts at the interview, don't forget !

singlespeed said:
App. last June 2004

singlespeed,

I know you didn't ask for advice, but I'd recommend you update your SWA application monthly if you want to be considered a serious candidate.

Maybe that's my problem! OH NO I wasted a year. LOL. I meant I applied for the first time in June 2004 and I update every few weeks.

No, they would never interview on the spot at a jobfair, that's for companies like Colgan.

I went today and Rebekah was there, she cleared up a few rumors like hiring only fighter guys and not needing a 4 year degree.

She was great, as honest and deliberate and professional as always.

Interviewing continues for the rest of the year and on and on....she gave out the common info, junior bases, pay, interviewing procedure, etc.

I went today and Rebekah was there, she cleared up a few rumors like hiring only fighter guys and not needing a 4 year degree.
What rumor was that about a 4 year degree?

I think they may interview at job fairs for some positions (ramp agent, etc), but I've never heard of the pilots who do interviews going to do them anywhere but Dallas.

Enigma,

I wasn't there but of all the jobfairs/seminars I've ever heard of I"ve never heard of SWA doing "official interviews" at these events. Certainly folks are spoken with, potential applicants meet the hiring team/recruiters/pilots & speak to them. Do folks ever impress the folks from SWA enough to generate a callback for an "official interview"? I don't know but I'm sure notes are passed back & forth among the folks. Does it make it worth attending these type of events? You'll have to be the judge....the entire process for interviewing folks involves 3 persons doing HR type interviews + a team of 2 for the LOI scenarios. I would believe it would be too difficult to replicate that at a job fair, plus the fact it would create a precedent that would difficult to repeat. Not to mention it would be rather unfair to the many folks who didn't choose the "right" seminar to attend. Their presentations are rather similar from seminar to seminar I believe from talking to folks. Hope that helps....

Chase,
that is exactly what Rebekah was saying at the Career fair, someone asked, "does attending these fairs have anypositive impact on receiving an interview before anyone else that didn't show up at one of these fairs?"

She said, "This is all for us, only to ask questions." SWA said the same thing in DFW jobfair, it was only for fun and to ask questions. Rebekah said that it wasn't fair to anyone else that had to work that day and couldn't make it, they draw applicants directly from the website app.

good luck

well worth going, IT WAS FREE!!!

mr hat,
it was my assumption that a 4 year degree was necessary, since they added that question on the app, "4 yr. degree from an accreditted college?" YES or NO.
and that three guys from my type rating classs were called and all three have at least a 4 year degree, so it was dicouraging until i talked to Rebekah.

that's all

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back