• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Here it is - American Airlines TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The TA is a POS. Attained by hanging both bankruptcy "We will file for bankruptcy at 3PM unless you agree" and a potential 1113 filing "This is what you'll get in bankruptcy" over the APA and then saying "What you've given us is $170M short. Try again. And again."

Repeat as needed. Make sure that you hold the APA out as the "intransigent" union that will drive AA into bankruptcy - "Greedy pilots refuse to negotiate - AMR forced to file bankruptcy". Nope, your concessions are not big enough. Do you REALLY want to see that headline tomorrow? Try again.

Move the bar as far as you can until the deadline comes and then take what the union has given you.

One (out of at least 2500) NO votes here.

What is the arguement for voting NO.
I agree it will hurt in the short term but I think its better than bankruptcy where they can will void contracts. I am surprised Carty hung to his word and actually kept them out of BK. I figured he was drooling at the mouth to get into court and start voiding contracts.
D

There is no guarantee that AMR will avoid bankruptcy. Don Carty today thanked the unions for helping him avoid an "immediate" Ch 11 filing. When we go Ch 11 we will begin negotiating DOWN from this lousy TA.

And as for voting no, I'm not about to vote for something that will put me 1,000 deep into the furlough. Would you? That's why we vote - if enough senior guys think this is a bad deal as well then it won't pass.

I'm also voting no because of the arm-twisting and last-minute a$$holery that went on. We've been without a contract for 20 months, but shove concessions down our throat while holding the Ch 11 axe over our heads and we get something done in 6 weeks? Bite me.

All the American pilots need to do is look at recent history to see what will happen. USAirways with David Seigel at the helm has shown exactly what is going to happen to every major airline pilot group, except perhaps Southwest. The USAirways bankruptcy filing was immediately after the pilot group passed a major concession package. Then you get round two of concessions that will chip away at your pension scheme and further reduce your W-2 earnings. That is followed by a termination of the defined benefit program. It doesn't end there though, some reason will be found to need just a little more, maybe 5% due to a war.

Have fun !! and remember those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Typhoonpilot

Latest resources

Back