• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Here is someone that should never fly

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dingbat is in the left seat ...little helicopter. he tries to hover and loses control, spins around a few times climbs up about 30 feet or so and comes down. Tail hits the ground and blades and all come crashing into the ground. He walked away.

Helo Seating

Toneal - you're right, customarily helo PICs sit on the right. Some helos (small ones) have weight and balance issues and have to be soloed from one seat or the other. When I flew jet-rangers we had to have a body in the right seat. After flying as in instructor from the left seat for almost 3 years, when I got my helo ATP the examiner made me fly the checkride in the right seat...and it was kinda wierd. In the big aircraft it doesn't really matter unless the cockpit is confiigured with either only one set of controls or the panel is set up with all the flight instruments on one side.
Good luck on your ratings!

More money than brains

For those who have not seen this...

pparently, a non-pilot... uncertified, not checked out, purchaces Hughes 300, (I think), attempts to fly it, tapes attempt, loses it and makes a hard landing resulting in total loss of bird. Cut the boom and rolled over. Walks away...

Latest resources

Back