Help! Just lost my Medical

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Brokepilot

I need help finding an AME in the Ft Worth area that is good. I just had my physical and the doc that did it wasn't real helpful. I had heart surgery about 8 years ago and all is well and I have been issued a 1st Class Medical over the past 6 years, but the AME that I went to in July sent in my application without all of the necessary tests and documents that the FAA requires. It was the first time that I had used this doctor and I think that he would be great for someone that doesn't have anything out of the ordinary, but I need someone that is really good and a pilot advocate.

How worried should I be about this letter from the FAA? Normally they send back a letter saying that I have to provide certain tests with my next exam and issue the Medical. This time they said provide the tests again (evidently he didn't send them all) and they would reevaluate my case.

Any help would be much appreciated. I live over in the FW/ Roanoke/ Keller area, so if any of you are familiar with a good AME please let me know.

If you're desperate and willing to drive the 3 hours, come down to Austin and see Lyle Koen. He's as 'pilot friendly' as any AME I've heard about.

bobby smith off pioneer parkway in arlington. excellent AME.

Thanks for the replies and PMs. I am going to check out the website also. I have talked to the FAA and they assure me that as soon as I re-send the physical with all of the required tests it won't be a problem. Thanks again.

Brokepilot

I can't reccomend anyone specific, but what you need to do is find an AME that is board certified in aerospace medecine, attends the CAMI conferences, and does not have a "regular" practice on the side. Call the Civil Aeronautical Medical Institute in OKC. They'll steer you towards someone who knows what they're doing.

Good Luck

Brokepilot----
I think you should try dr. Brad Griffen in Roanoke. Ive been going to him for years. He's about the cheapest guy in the metroplex and he is definitly not out to withold someones medical. His office is right off of main street in Roanoke right next to an animal clinic....
phone # 817-491-2564
good luck

Thanks, you are the second person to recomend him. I know where his office is. I appreciate it. I'll give him a call in the morning.

I'd recommend Dr. Fried. He's in Addison, Texas. He isn't the cheapest around, but he has a reputation as being a go-to guy for problem medicals. He's a very friendly guy with a nice staff, and doesn't seem to be out to bust anyone.

Latest resources

Back