• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DASHDRIVER

Uber User
hey there everyone,

I am out on the road and I don't have my text books with me. I have an Air Wisky interview coming up soon and I gots me some questions I need confermaiton on.

1. What is balenced field length
2. Inverter is that AC-DC or DC-AC
3. What does TRU do
4. What is thermal runaway
5. Stages of a turbine engine
6. Whats the min field multiplier for destination and alternate field req

Thanks for any help you can offer guys

DD

I've got the answer to some of your questions; these come straight out of the "Dictionary of Aeronautical Terms."

1) Balanced Field Length: The runway length in which the takeoff distance is the same as the number of reet required to accelerate an airplane to a go/no-go speed, decide to abort the takeoff, and come to a complete stop.

2) Inverter converts DC generator power to AC power.

3) TRU: have no idea what this is

4) Thermal Runaway: A condition that can occur in a Nicad Battery in which the battery overheats because of excess current. The center cells get hotter than the outer cells, which transfer some of their heat to the outside air, and when the center cells overheat, their voltage and resistance both drop.

5) Stages of a turbine engine: I guess it really depends on what kind of engine you are talking about.

6) Min Field multiplier: have no idea what this is.

Help a guy...

Turbine Engine: Just remember "Suck, Squeeze, Burn, Blow."

More specifically: Intake, Compressor, Diffuser, Burner Can, Turbine, Exhaust. Bleed air comes off the compressor. Accessory Drive typically splined to shafts. In a dual axial flow turbine (virtually all today) one shaft rotates within the other. So T1 (high speed--it's closer to the hot exhaust gasses) drives N2 (the second but faster compressor); and T2 (exhaust gasses have given up energy after passing through T1) drives N1 (the low speed compressor).

6- The response given above my be correct, although that is clearly Derived Alternate Minimums for Alternate airports under Part 121. Surely Air Wisky would ask for it in those words.

I think what they are asking here is the fact that you must be able to stop within 60% of the available landing distance for the destination and 70% for the alternate. Also, for a jet and the runway is wet or contaminated, you must be able to stop in 115% of the distance required for a dry runway.

Sorry I have no book on me at the second or I would give you the pages. Also, it is very unlikely that they will expect you to know all the specifics if you're not currently 121.

Good luck.

I thought the TRU Transformer Rectifier Unit rendered wild frequency 3-phase AC power from an AC generator into 3 usable channels.... A, B, C. I think that is what it did in the D8 and SF3

man..........I cant even get a rejection letter from Air Wisconsin...................good luck dude

Latest resources

Back