Heathrow to Central London

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chperplt

How much of a pain would it be staying at a Heathrow hotel and taking the train to and from London each day?

Thanks..

Not a big deal at ll. You just hop on the tube and it takes you to right into the city. Probably a 45 min ride. If its for vacation though stay in the city!

You can take the Heathrow Express but its gonna add up pretty quick. 14 pounds per person each way, if I remember correctly. Drop the extra coin and stay in the city.

For the subway, buy the oyster card and get a day pass option of you think your gonna ride it more than a couple of time a day.

Not a big deal at ll. You just hop on the tube and it takes you to right into the city. Probably a 45 min ride. If its for vacation though stay in the city!

The Heathrow Express is '15 minutes every 15 minutes.'

The Piccadilly line goes to LHR, and though it's only 4 Pounds it takes an hour with no delays. And an hour on the tube ain't so hot. Buy the oyster card(as said above)
The Express is not part of the tube system and it's a nice, fast ride, but every day would get pricey.
It's between 14 and 18 pounds each way depending on where you buy your ticket.

The bus is the cheapest and slowest method, like a pound or two, but takes well over an hour and I've sat on that thing in nasty traffic before.

Thanks for the info fellas...

I ended up booking a hotel in London. We didn't want to waste the time going back and forth to save a few bucks.

Latest resources

Back