Health insurance with foreign carriers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

El Piloto Chido

Can anyone out there comment on the health insurance/ health care you are receiving from any one of the non-US carriers, as compared to what you had in the US?

Do you have to deal with all the BS such as COBRA, high deductibles, copays, and skyrocketing premiums that are deducted from EACH-MEASLY-PAYCHECK?!

I suppose it makes some difference whether you are US based or living overseas.

Not looking for info on any particular airline/fractional, just wanting to get some feedback.

Thanks/Gracias

I work for PARC on a contract in Japan and we have BUPA Intl. health insurance. I pay nothing for me and $30 per month for dependents. My coverage is worldwide except in the US. It only covers the first 28 days of your stay each time in the US for non pre-existing condition. Full US coverage cost more but I dont live in the US anymore so I am not sure how much it is.

CX has worldwide coverage through Cigna International (you and your family) .It's a PPO based plan (zero co-pay/deductible).

SVA- Full worldwide (including USA) from United Healthcare for self and family. No premium payments. 70% is covered until first $1500 then 100% covered.

Latest resources

Back