Hayden CO Crash?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Webslinger

Yahoo said an aircraft crashed killing 4 on approach in a snowstorm today...anyone have any info on aircraft type? God speed.

Very sad. HDN can be a bit challenging when there's weather, lots of big rocks and other obstacles all around. Something I noticed in the Denver Post article, the authorities did not release the victims names. Why does the damn media have to out the names by trolling registration records and Facebook to figure out the names? I'd be a more than a little upset if I found out my loved one was dead from the six o'clock news instead of an official notification from the police. Give the families some room to handle the situation privately.

Very sad. HDN can be a bit challenging when there's weather, lots of big rocks and other obstacles all around. Something I noticed in the Denver Post article, the authorities did not release the victims names. Why does the damn media have to out the names by trolling registration records and Facebook to figure out the names? I'd be a more than a little upset if I found out my loved one was dead from the six o'clock news instead of an official notification from the police. Give the families some room to handle the situation privately.

Not that I would ever defend the media, but once you put anything out there on facebook, it is hardly private. The newspaper quoted the Father/Husband's facebook page which is as far from private as you can possibly get.

Shame about the crash, though. Countdown to the usual:

"Cleared unrestricted climb"
"Tailwinds..."
anything about a "sleepless knight"
Quoting of Ernie Gann

Last edited:

I was there Monday, the wreckage had not been moved yet. They didn't hit any rocks or obstacles. They were about 150' south of the runway within the perimeter fence.

I was there Monday, the wreckage had not been moved yet. They didn't hit any rocks or obstacles. They were about 150' south of the runway within the perimeter fence.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to imply a CFIT or anything. I was just mentioning that the airport has lots of stuff around it that makes things interesting.

Latest resources

Back