• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hawker 800XP....snap rolled 3-4 times

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Say what? How do you figure? Maybe I'm naive, but I'm pretty confident that none of the planes at NJA have been rolled. I'd bet the same goes for our competitors as well.

You're as naive as naive can possibly be.......

Please don't take offense to this.......but you are very ignorant. NJ planes have been rolled since day one and will continue to be rolled as long as they own planes. Sorry my friend.

I know 3 pilots there that have rolled the shiat out of planes for the past 7 years.

Do you think NJA is some special company or something? They are NOTHING more than a charter company with alot of planes. Gimmie a break.

Last edited:
As I was saying in an other post... everyone can talk about the "1G roll" all you want, but I dont buy it. rolling a biz jet is not something you can practice. Even in a aerobatic mount the perfect 1G roll needs to be done a few times to get perfect. Thats something you cant do with your Hawker. Im sure the Mexican pilot was not out to total the plane that day.

Plain and simple................anyone who thinks a plane cannot be rolled without doing ANY DAMAGE at all...to any aircraft on earth....is simply an ignorant idiot. Or to be put in more nicely terms....they just don't get it.

Lets not turn this into a thread saying that non-aerobatic planes cannot be rolled, because unless you're a moron....any plane can be rolled 500 times without causing a SPEC of damage.

End of discussion on that.

I'm going out to the airport on Monday. I'll be getting an update ion what they found with the wing roots, the tail cone section and empanage.

I'll post about it here.

And BTW....the Lear 35 that was rolled 3 times over Pompano Beach by Personal Jet Charter 3 weeks ago......the plane is 100% perfect and un-affected. And you can bet your life and the life of your entire family that its been rolled 500 times in its lifetime. So everyone that thinks a plane falls apart when its rolled, wake the hell up and stop your BS talk about something you have no clue about.

Wow. WTF is it with FXE and idiots like this?

I'd be surprised if the FAA gives the f/o a pass. He's a required crew member that shares responsibility for the flight. They'll come down harder on the PIC for sure, but as with the airnet lear roll, the f/o will face the consequences of just sitting there letting the world roll by.

And BTW....the Lear 35 that was rolled 3 times over Pompano Beach by Personal Jet Charter 3 weeks ago......the plane is 100% perfect and un-affected. And you can bet your life and the life of your entire family that its been rolled 500 times in its lifetime. So everyone that thinks a plane falls apart when its rolled, wake the hell up and stop your BS talk about something you have no clue about.

From the way it is now sounding, the Lear 35 you're referring to didn't do any rolls, it just did a couple of low passes. The rolls were attributed to ground witnesses, who think a climbing 30 deg bank is a roll.

You are really defensive about rolls for some reason, almost hostile. It sounds a little weird, just FYI.

I do however think most pilots will agree with you - a properly executed roll will not result in any damage. Here's an example of that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw2qPLEgKdQ

The problem is that a lot of pilots have very little aerobatic experience, and decide to "learn" using the company equipment. That's when things get ugly, as demonstrated by this example:

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=20070221X00205&key=1

Fly91, cool pictures, but you are seriously defensive of rolls.

Fly91, I have considerable aerobatic experience and do not enjoy you calling me an idiot about such a topic.

I guess all I have to say is, I have seen photos of a Hawker 800XP that WAS ROLLED and nearly totaled. Want to see the photos? check out the begining of this thread.

Do you think that the pilot trashed this plane on purpose?

My opinions on this topic have been posted before. There is one minor little detail that seems to be missing here: the flight recorder. Your unauthorized aerobatics are likely recorded in glass ships, as well as any overtemps in the flight. Some of these boxes have hundreds of recording points.

How did you think the paths of Flight 91 and other airlines are recreated?

It isn't your plane, what right do you have to abuse it and threaten the lives of everyone? Idiots who roll passenger aircraft should be fired. Period.

PS: No, I never have. Only CAPS, Citabrias, Pitts....

Last edited:
In defense of Correcting... I concur none, or very few fractional airplanes have ever been rolled. (Options Pilot) I haven't seen or heard of it, ever.

More than a decade ago I flew in old Lears and Beech 18's (statute of limitations)for a Yipsilani based frieght operator, and probably a third of the pilot group regularily rolled the airplanes, some terribly. One Chief Pilot rolled a Lear 24 down the ILS keeping it within one bar of defection. Of course he owned his own Pitts, also. He passed away of a heart attack, so no harm.

Really, the fractionals are pretty sedate, generally grown-ups with dependants. And a Hawker and Beechjet do not feel like an acrobatics friendly airplanes, more like Buicks.

Latest resources

Back