Hawker 800XP Collins Proline 21 for NJA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

I read that NJA has now received new Hawker 800XPs with the Colllins Proline 21 flightdeck. I had the opportunity to sit in the older style flightdeck - I think it was Honeywell with 5 EFIS tubes. It was more advanced than anything I had ever flown - so I was impressed with the old system - but the new system looks a lot more advanced.

So, for the NJA guys out there who have flown both - what do you think about the Proline 21? It looks pretty comprehensive. How much extra training does it require? Can you fly both on a single tour or are the pilot groups segregated - old and new qualified...

How many of the 800XPs on the property are equipped with the Proline 21 setup? How many more are coming?

What about Raytheon/FO - will it get the Proline 21-equipped hawkers in the future as well?

I like the look of it - but the ram-horns look a bit archaic............ Too bad you can't put a side-stick in it.

Cheers

I fly the Collins 800XP's for NJA--the Collins system is awesome-leaps and bounds ahead of the Honeywell--don't even think I could go back to flying the Honeywell version now-I would go through withdrawl.
Your SA with the Collins is great.
Think we have 4 or 5 Collins versions on property now-we do have more scheduled for delivery-but looks like delivery has been slowed down. Heard this was due to a new tax rule after Sep 11th that has to due with aircraft depreciation-basically the aircraft must be fully sold now before you can start using them for customer use-this is second hand info and I am no tax expert so if anyone wants to feal free to correct me.

Fly Safe
Chuck
Ps on a side note-the Collins FMS and displays are very similar to the Smith FMS and displays on the 737NG aircraft.
Also don't know what your missing not flying a rams horn-wish all the aircraft I flew had em-it rocks.

Cgmason1,

Thanks for the info. Yeah, the Collins Proline 21 looks like a great system. Three questions for you:

1. Do NJA Hawker 800XP pilots fly both the Proline and Honeywell equipped airplanes on a single tour or are the pilots seggregated?

2. How long does the transition training take? Was it difficult or intuitive?

3. How far do the NJA Hawker 800XPs fly? Do they hit Hawaii and Europe often? How far afield have you flown it yourself?

Looks like a great airplane! If I ever get hired by NJA I'd like to fly the Collins-equipped Hawker 800XP.

Thanks

At NJA
1. Collins and Honeywell Hawkers are seperate fleets-pilots do not fly both versions-some diff memory items and limitations.

2. For guys coming from the Honeywell-they go through a three day differences ground school-mostly button pushing on a computer FMS and then a flight with a IP for instruction-then a tour with an ioe CPT for more tng on it. Think some guys might be starting with it now as part of the type. So far think only FSI ICT has the 800XPC Collins sims.

3. At NJA the Hawker 800XP's do not fly to Hawaii or Europe-these flights all go to the Cit X's, Flcon 2000's, Gulfstreams, or BBJ's. Think this is due to the 800XP's having a wet footprint in some flight planning situations.

Fly Safe
Chuck

Employment at NJA

Hey Chuck
Do you know if someone were to show up at the office with a new
HS125-800 type in hand will they consider them.
what is the address to send the paperwork to.

Thanks
GhB.

Ghetto Buck,
I am sure having an HS-125 type could not hurt-but to be honest I don't know if it would be a huge factor cause NetJets still sends you through the Type Training at FSI even if you already have the type so everyone is standardized. There were several guys in my class that already had the Hawker Type.
With the current market and flood of resumes-I probably don't need to tell you this-but its very very competitive.
I wouldn't just show up at the NetJets HR offices-that might turn out to be a negative thing for ya-just my opinion.
You can go to http://www.netjets.com/
and find the links for careers-for all the info on how to get into the application process.
Sorry I can't be of more help.
A good practice in the past has been that once you have the actual app turned in-was to have a friend that works at NetJets go into HR to ask about your app when they were in CMH for something. I have been on a Military Leave of Absence for the past few months-and I know the company was already starting to discourage pilots from bugging HR people before and don't know where it stands now.

Good luck to all that are currently looking for work--I am praying this industry we love will turn around soon.

Fly Safe
Chuck

Here is my two cents.............

The question was posted: Will a new Hawker type get a person an interview?

My experience: NO. Having over 1000 PIC Part 135 in the a/c in addition to two senior NJA Captains recommendation letters that are in my file.....no calls as of yet. I have followed the application route like everyone else and have no skeletons in the closet.....I guess due to the thousands of pilots on the streets....NJA could care less if you have a type in what they operate. I have a feeling they have a pretty good training rate at Flight Safety.

Good luck.

I touched it!

Hey CG,

I was in BWI the other night backing up a Collins trip where the CPT was airlining in and hadn't showed up yet. (He did)
I went over and got the tour! What a sweet heart! The FO told me when you pick the approach the FMS tunes the radios? Sweet!
Where are all the bottons? I guess it must react to telepathic commands.
I don't know if I'll ever be senior enough to get the Collins or the Falcon 2000EX. I guess I'll have to settle for a plain old Honeywell or a "straight" Falcon 2000! Yeah Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Semore, next time there is a Hawker 800 bid go for it. Then once you are in the fleet you can request the XPC. You may or may not get it. More are coming in. I think we are up to 6 aircraft now. So the days of the bullpen are starting to get numbered. The XPC has a great cockpit.

Latest resources

Back