Hawker 800 balanced field question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

macdu

Ok guys, need some advice to pass along to a non pilot since I don't think this soon to be jet owner is getting any good advice or he isn't listening which could be the case. A fellow I know who is now rich enough to purchase a used plane, the said Hawker told me recently he wants to operate it out of a 4000ft GA field to keep a low profile. I told him that sounds to short for that plane. So can one of you Hawker experts give me a balanced field length number for the 800/850. He said he was buying a 800 but mentioned it was a 2007 which I think may make it an 850.
Please reserve all the comments that come to mind for another time. I'm just a close aquaintance trying to point the guy in the right direction before he makes a multi-million dollar mistake when he maybe should be looking at a used citation.

When it is dry he won't go very far. When it is wet he won't go anywhere. If he wants to operate out of a 4,000 ft field I would be pointing him to the XL or Sovereign.

Sorry this isn't useful when it comes to the BFL question. But you mentioned "low profile", I've been down that road before and I have the following to say:

1) A hawker at a 4000' runway will bring a lot more attention than a Hawker at a 9000' runway
2) The best way to keep a low profile is to hire pilots that know what "lose lips sink ships" means
3) Sooner or later if people want to find out who owns the plane, they will find out

He won't be happy with a Hawker based at 4000' runway. When it's wet he won't go. When it's hot he won't go far. When he's heavy he won't go far. I think the hawker is a fine airplane but almost any swept wing jet begs for 5000'+ runway.

Last edited:
Thanks guys that is what I thought since my corp experience is very limited. I will pass this along.

Latest resources

Back