Hawker 700 UltraNav

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

heywatchthis

I am flying a Hawker 700 and do to such horrible 2nd segment climb performance we use Ultranav. But the bad thing is it is on my laptop, which is huge and difficult to use in the cockpit.

UltraNav says they do not make a PDA version of the program. Anyone got any ideas on a more efficient way to use Ultranav, or a better way to accurately check performance?

PS. The value of "D" sucks!

Heywatch...Ultranav supports essentially any windows device. I believe there are handheld devices which run windows.

Ultranav will run on anything that boots to the following:

95, 98, 2000, NT, XP, Embedded XP, ME,

I'm not a windows guy, so I'm not up to speed on handheld devices that support the Win platform, but you're prly in tune with that stuff.

Another option to consider is a similar product by Cavu that supports the Palm OS, Pocket PC and Win Mobile 5.

Check out their product here:

http://cavucompanies.com/CAVU/index.htm

If they don't have your aircraft, they will write it for you.

Last edited:
I tried out the demo, and played with a full version for an aircraft I don't fly.

It's plenty functional, it will do everything you need it to. On the down side, I find UltraNav easier to use. On the upside however, you can run CAVU on a PDA, which to me, is a pretty big deal. That being said, I just bought UltraNav for our flight department.

My hope is to (soon) have something smaller than my current laptop that runs windows. On UltraNav's website, you can find links to many micro pc's that will work, some are pretty nice.

Last edited:
This is awesome. The bad thing is they don't have the 700 so I will cost $850 to write it. But that still isn't too bad of a deal.

Thanks

Well, it's still a buck fifty cheaper than ultranav, and you can run it on an inexpensive pda. Which was your point, right?

We're talking a thousand dollar investment for what, a 3 mil airplane???

Hmmmm.....

Well, it's still a buck fifty cheaper than ultranav, and you can run it on an inexpensive pda. Which was your point, right?

We're talking a thousand dollar investment for what, a 3 mil airplane???

Hmmmm.....

No you are right it is cheaper. But I already own the Ultranav, so my choice is to either by a UMPC (full windows XP PDA type) for around $850 and use ultranav or buy the CAVU for around $850 and put on a cheap PDA.

So my point is since the cost is about the same, which is better to use.

PS. This board is awesome. I would never have learned about CAVU or these UMPC that run full windows.

Thanks for the help.

You can't unlock the Palm capability of the CD that you currently use? All of our older versions have a palm file but the new copies don't.

You can't unlock the Palm capability of the CD that you currently use? All of our older versions have a palm file but the new copies don't.

I didn't know they use to sell the palm version. That sucks. We paid alot for the windows version. Guess I should check Ebay.

SOLUTION:
OK I solved the problem. I loaded Ultra Nav onto a USB drive (You know the portable kind you can hang around your neck with your ID).

Now when I go into the FBO to check weather or use Flightplan.com, I simple stick the USB drive in the FBO's computer. Click on UltraNav. Run the performance, and the weight and balance. Click File - Print, and walk back out to the airplane with the W&B, TO, and Landing performance, along with the latest weather.

I wish I could take credit for this, but I was showed this by a Hawker driver in BTR.

It works GREAT.

Latest resources

Back