Hawaiian Jumpseat War

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
^ What Dan said.

It's been 2 years since I flew interisland, but when I did I never had a Captain deny a Go/Mesa pilot a jumpseat. And this was in the time frame when they were under-cutting ticket prices, HA was in court with them over their business practices, and AQ was fighting for their survival.

On the 767, I see Go/Meas pilots all the time traveling to/from the mainland. Again, I've never once had a Caption deny one.

This was a couple of isolated incidents that our jumpseat coordinator and MEC moved quickly to crush. There is no jumpseat war and there never has been.

Jumpseats and politics don't mix.....

Shame on Hawaiian Pilots.....

Mesa and Go Sucks BTW.....but never drag a jumpseat into it.
Go pilots, via their management contributed to the demise of Aloha. Good on th HA guys!
PBR

It's about time that somebody figured out that MESA is Deadheading crews on other airlines Jumpseats.

Go pilots, via their management contributed to the demise of Aloha. Good on th HA guys!
PBR

via their management?? I seriously hope you are kidding, though I doubt you are. of course we all didn't want to see the demise of Aloha, but to blame the pilots for managements decision is pure ignorance.

I did have a talk with one Captain who was about to deny a Go! pilot the jumpseat on our flight. He was angry that they had forced so many of his Aloha friends out of work - and that they should have known that when they signed on at Mesa. But I pointed out that any pilot flying for Go! right now was hired well before the whole Go/Aloha/Mokulele debacle. I tried to convince him that it wasn't this pilot's fault about what happened to Aloha, but rather the management's fault at both Aloha and Mesa. He relented that time, but I know he'd denied JS'ers before, and probably did again. It's my guess that he was the reason the memo came out, as I haven't heard of any other Captains denying Mesa jumpseaters.

HAL

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

More BS. MESA has no way of deadheading a crew on a jumpseat.
No, unfortunately not BS. When Mesa was starting up their Go! operation, they simply told several of their crew members to 'get to Hawaii', on their own. I met two of these guys trying to get to HNL and they confirmed it. Word quickly spread to our jumpseat committee, then back to the MAG union, who put a stop to it right away.

HAL

I recently heard of a Mainland based Go pilot using the jumpseat to go fly in Hawaii on temp duty, may or may not be the case, I wasn't there. We do need to be vigilante for Mesa sending pilots to Hawaii to work and not paying their way over here.

Latest resources

Back