Hawaiian Airlines Dispatch

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rod guhzhinya

Anybody have the skinny on Hawaiian Airlines..QOL, pay, etc. etc...

Thanks

I do not have specific answers to your question. However, I did interview with Island Air approx 2 yrs ago, was put in a hire pool, and then called about 1 yr ago. I graciously declined. Pay was atrocious. I would have had to work a second job to live there. The reason I went to interview was because I was also offerd a job with the HI guard on C-17s. Even with that (part-time) I would not have been able to sustain any semblence of a normal life style. I would have been living from pay check to pay check. Cost of living is extremely high.
Hope this gives you an idea. I wish you the best.

I do not have specific answers to your question. However, I did interview with Island Air approx 2 yrs ago, was put in a hire pool, and then called about 1 yr ago. I graciously declined. Pay was atrocious. I would have had to work a second job to live there. The reason I went to interview was because I was also offerd a job with the HI guard on C-17s. Even with that (part-time) I would not have been able to sustain any semblence of a normal life style. I would have been living from pay check to pay check. Cost of living is extremely high.
Hope this gives you an idea. I wish you the best.

Thanks a lot for the info..ya, I was thinking the pay would have to be around 60K to even make it out there.. and you know it not's gonna be even close to that...thanks again.

rod

I think the pay starts in the mid 40's. They work what they call a "218" schedule: 4 graveyard shifts (10P-6A) followed by 2 days off, 4 swing shifts (2P-10P) followed by 2 days off then 4 day shifts (6A-2P) with 4 days off which is really 5 because you have 4 calendar days off and go back to work at 10P on the 5th day.

Check the ads for housing, and make your own decision.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back