• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hat issue makes it to the Media

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's with the guy who says it helps people recognize him in an evacuation. Really...your plane is on fire and you reach back and grab your hat before you go back and help get people off the plane?

At our airline, if you do not wear your hat while wearing an overcoat in the winter, there is no way to tell the difference between a pilot and a flight attendant.

What's with the guy who says it helps people recognize him in an evacuation. Really...your plane is on fire and you reach back and grab your hat before you go back and help get people off the plane?

Didn't Sully and Skiles don their hats for the evacuation?

Pilots have egos ? no way !

Hats were made part of the uniform when everyone wore a hat. Just look at some vintage film from the 40's and 50's. No one wears hats now, unless you need some shade. Today pilots wear hats because their company forces them or they need that little extra boost to their "hey look at me I'm pretty special" inner self valuation.

Time to stop wining about a made up issue that pilots and/or companies who choose to not wear them are somehow less professional. Times are indeed changing - in fact I will wager that soon in the future, if it hasn't already happened, wearing a hat will have the opposite effect than was originally intended from - professional aviator to - watch this guy, something's not right.

It is hilarious that a bunch of guys who wear short-sleeve shirts and ties with polyester pants argue over who looks more professional.

Just a question...are not the hats to be removed when under roof in the military?

Latest resources

Back