• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hat issue makes it to the Media

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wearing a hat indoors is stupid looking, not professional looking.

Now you're probably going to post a reply to the effect that wearing a hat indoors isn't stupid and it's "professional looking" because you say it is. If your reasoning can't get any better than that don't bother trying.

I won't post that, but that's your argument the other way. Why did you bother trying?

Need to wear the hat ? Get over yourself. At my airline - you tend to be high avoidance bid.

Yep - it's YOU being avoided! Who wants to fly with someone as judgmental as that? Not only would I wear a hat to annoy you, I would sync the heading bug every 15 seconds or so.

The hat is dated. Lets face it. The high timers here seem to still revere it, which is understandable given the era they began flying the line. Not so with the younger crowd.

The hat is dated. Lets face it. The high timers here seem to still revere it, which is understandable given the era they began flying the line. Not so with the younger crowd.

The hat is part of the fabric of tradition. The younger crowd doesn't seem to get it and I suppose that's how times change. Tie are uncomfortable too? Hey, let's wear polo shirts. Since every day should be casual Friday, why not shorts? One of the previous posters had it right..you want to be treated like a caddy at the golf club? Dress like one. You want to be treated like an airline pilot? Start looking at acting like one.

Rake: Not a stab at you..

I'll put my ear-bud, doc martin, backpack flying skills up against you hat guys anytime...big picture kids.

I want to be treated like a congressman, does that mean I need a powdered wig? Opps, thats out dated too.

True, wigs are out..but what would you think if they showed up in a tee-shirt and a pair of jeans.

I'll put my ear-bud, doc martin, backpack flying skills up against you hat guys anytime...big picture kids.

You can fly without pant for all I care. What you look like in the crew room or cockpit is up to you. I'm suggesting that in public it may not hurt to convey an image of a professional. THAT is the big picture. Ask some guy off the street if pilots wear hats, and he would probably say yes. We're lucky to be perceived as professionals. Let's try not to screw that up.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back