has the bleeding stopped at Comair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gmccrj7

just wondering if people are still leaving Comair for other airlines... How many each month on the average?

just wondering if people are still leaving Comair for other airlines... How many each month on the average?

People are sill leaving, but there are no exact numbers. I have heard that 30-40 have left in the past month or so, but those are unconfirmed.

I think there is almost the same number of people leaving now as there was during the bankruptcy. I counted 30 people in the last set of bid packets and noticed that there are a handfull of people I know going elsewhere that aren't indicated on the list. We sure aren't getting 30 new hires per month.

You can bet that if any of those RJ's that delta is planning on parking are Comair's then that number will definitely increase.

What is the Date of Hire fo the most Junior Captains now? is it past 09/02 hire dates yet??? or did those classes get delayed?

USA Jet Airlines is getting applications from ComAir pilots, something we have not seen in the past. I guess the $38K to start in the right seat of the DC-9 is attractive to some pilots.

A 5th year FO at Comair barely makes 38K base pay per year.

With those attrition number and not being able to bring in new hires to keep the field level, the only option I see is to park airplanes.

A 5th year FO at Comair barely makes 38K base pay per year.

With those attrition number and not being able to bring in new hires to keep the field level, the only option I see is to park airplanes.

I really do not see the failure to recruit new-hires being the driving force to park airplanes. It is the other way around. We stagnate and shrink causing potential new-hires to steer clear. SkyWest and Chatauqua are getting pilots and more competitive ones at that because there is movement and growth. It sure is not because the compensation is so much better than at Comair.

I believe in the current vacancy, the most junior CA is 11/02. We're hoping to get to the checkride before the other shoe drops!

What is the Date of Hire fo the most Junior Captains now? is it past 09/02 hire dates yet??? or did those classes get delayed?

Latest resources

Back