Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HA25

Tokyo Tokyo!
I was trying to j/s out of PDX today and went to the employee line, only to be told I can't go thru the line since I'm not in uniform.. so I went and waited 30 min in the normal line, and told that without a ticket, I MUST BE IN UNIFORM again! /sigh

Anyway, I broke out the damn uniform and got thru, but what happened? or is this just a case of the local TSA being wrong?

Depends on the airport.
To be certain, go IN uniform WITH Id and if you wish, change out prior to getting onto flight.
Some airports still require a boarding pass or jumpseat pass, (GEG comes to mind) even if you ARE in uniform and jumping.

thanks man, seems like the system as as broken as ever... /sigh

airports differ but you can go to the ticket counter and get a "jumpseat request" that will get you through security without a uniform

The whole TSA setup is a complete joke.

M

Depends on the airport.
To be certain, go IN uniform WITH Id and if you wish, change out prior to getting onto flight.
Some airports still require a boarding pass or jumpseat pass, (GEG comes to mind) even if you ARE in uniform and jumping.

If you are in uniform how the heck would they know if you are working or jumping? Just wear the damn uniform and you dont have to deal with it.

If you are in uniform how the heck would they know if you are working or jumping? Just wear the damn uniform and you dont have to deal with it.

Obviously the airports you jump at are normal.

There are a few "alt" airports out there, even IN uniform you will be questioned.

I hate jumpseating in uniform, because it's like an open invitation for people to ask you "what route do you fly?" or "shouldn't you be sitting up front?"

Latest resources

Back