Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pilotadjuster

I voted for Pedro
I know there are many pilots who flew and trained out of the Salt Lake International Airport over the past 30 years who knew and were mentored by my friend, Harold Haring.

Harold passed away today of a heart attack.

For over 30 years, he was a flight instructor at SLC, ammassing hours in four log books before he stopped counting 10 years ago...

He guided me through my instrument, commercial and was one of his last CFI sign offs. I can only hope my own efforts will be worthy of his on my behalf.

I know I am not the only one who misses him already.

I do not know about arrangements yet, but if you email me I will reply when plans have been made.

Godspeed and blue skies.

just bringing it to the top once.

WOW. I was just getting ready to e-mail him about getting checked out in one of his company's airplanes while I'm in SLC for Christmas. I met Harold a few times while I was a lineman at Hudson General long ago, but never flew with him. A good buddy of mine did his instrument with him.

Last edited:
I was in SLC last night, and stopped by Jet Center North. (Hudson). As I walked in, I saw a flight instructor friend, who worked at Gold Seal. He stopped me, and asked if I'd heard.

He said Harold had passed. Passed what, I asked. Passed a test? Sort of. Passed away. I had just seen Harold a few hours before, as he left the building with a student.

For those who haven't met Harold, he was an older gentleman, bent over with age, walking with a cane. His condition forced him to look downward, mostly. He walked with difficulty. He was as active an instructor as most 19 year olds, still going strong. He was scheduled with another student in the afternoon. While the student was readying the airplane, Harold went into the FBO.

When he didn't return, the student went to look for him. Harold was gone.

Harold, like so many, will be missed. He took with him a vast base of experience, but not before he shared it with many, many students. His son will continue in his stead, running the school his father owned.

My friend the instructor was right. Harold did pass: he passed successfully and with flying colors. Where ever you are, Godspeed.

Latest resources

Back