happy chat request

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

corky

Now that I've been relegated to business travel in the cabin as a result of furlough I have a small request of the flight deck:

You capatains and first officers who like to point out every pile of dirt and large puddle of water along the route, please stop. The only people who can see it are those sitting next to the window on that side and you interupt everyone's sleep, conversation, reading or music listening. stick to the required PAs. Leave it to the FA's to piss off the cabin. They do it well.

Thank you:D

Corky, you are a retard. You're the same one who will bitch if we don't say enough.

"Where are we?" "What lake is that?" "What town is that?" says Corky.

Shut your pie hole.

I, for one, enjoy it when pilots point out points of interest. A few months I was flying from Phoenix to SLC, and along the way, we flew right over the Grand Canyon. While we were over it, the Captain started doing steep turns in a 737 so everyone could get a good view. I thought it was the coolest thing. You could see the Canyon regardless of which kind of seat you had.

Flamebait

There are a lot of people that have only flown in an airplane a few times if at all. Some people are still amazed at the invention of pivot style irrigation:) These people are amazed at flying and the things you can see while up the air.

Short story, bear with me. When I was stationed in NC, my neighbors were both in their 70s and were my foster grandparents since all mine had passed away long ago. They had never flown on an airplane. Can you believe that. They took there first vacation out of NC and went to Hawaii. Holy shnikees!!! When they got back, all they could talk about was the flight and not Hawaii. They couldn't believe that you could see all the white stuff(snow) on the Rocky Mountains. I just giggled a lot while they went on and on. I felt real lucky that day.

Ya'll take care,

Chris Bow

FWIW, I have a few observations about this.

First of all, almost no one is happy to be flying on a Stupid-80. Look at DFW and you will see Super-80s (the AA moniker) grinding away all day. If you fly AA, you WILL eventually fly on a Stupid-80! And you will have NO entertainment, and if you are stuck in the back five rows you will have unbearable noise. This brings me to:

Second, when a Captain wants to be a tour guide, I only hear positive things from people. Granted, it's only 4 or 5 people who will say "Thanks for the updates", but I have NEVER heard someone say "Shut up!". Of course, no one makes scenery PAs at 6 AM or 11 PM, but on an afternoon flight from DFW to LAS, why not? For the first time or rare flyers it makes their trip memorable, and the experienced traveler never really listens to ANY PAs, so why should it matter?

If the Captain pointing out points of interest is the worst thing you can bitch about on a flight, I'd say you're pretty d*a*m*n lucky!

BTW, Slug, how is SWA? I and a lot of others are going to get the axe here soon at AA. I noticed that you're info says "Line swine" now: congrats. Your quick bolt from UAL looks like a genius move now. Good luck on the CB slot if you haven't already got it!

P.A.s are definitely an art. You have to know when to give them and when not to, as Pilot141 pointed out. Good P.A.s can make a flight much more memorable whereas ill timed ones can really piss off the passenger trying to sleep.

I feel your pain Corky. Sometimes when I'm just about ready to fall asleep on a long international flight the Captain or F.A. get on the P.A. and start going on about something irrelevent. That really is annoying. One the other hand if it is a two or three hour long flight in the middle of the day with a group of tourists on board then the occasional P.A. pointing out the sights is very welcome.

Lastly, I have to disagree with Pilot141's comments about the MD-80. The MD-80 is a fantastic airplane both for pilots and passengers. The first twenty rows are better than sitting in any 737, especially -200s. The first ten rows are the best ride ( from a wind and engine noise perspective ) of any narrow body. Okay, I agree the last five to ten rows bite but how often does a pilot sit back there ?

I really like the extra leg room on American's MD-80s. That was my jumpseat carrier of choice going to and from Long Beach. I see the new CEO is thinking of getting rid of that though, too bad.

Typhoonpilot

Latest resources

Back