• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Handspring Treo 270

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I use the Treo 600 and have been satisfied. I never used previous Treo's. I did however always have a cell phone and my palm pilot to carry around, the 600 has made life easier.
It is not a laptop replacement if I have stuff to research on the web etc as the browser is slow and the format it uses cause of the screen size is kinda wierd sometimes. If I just want to get email or check weather or some other small task though it is very useful.
Coverage wise, I have not had any issues in the U.S.

here are some places you can read about them if you have not already...
http://discussion.brighthand.com/palmhandhelds/index.php?s=

http://www.treocentral.com

let me know what ?'s you come up with

I've heard you can attach a cable between the Treo 600 and a laptop, using the Treo as a modem to display web pages on your laptop. I was told you can do this UNLIMITED with Sprint for $15 a month. Is this one of those too good to be true urban myths, or can you really do this?

I've been to the Sprint site, but it doesn't answer my questions.

I have the Treo 300 with Sprint service.

It's a great device and the phone/internet coverage is excellent. Nationwide coverage, free long distance, nithgts and weekends free, internet doesn't cost minutes from plan, free pcs -> pcs calling...very satisfied with the service.

If I were shopping today, I'd get the Treo 600.

I also use PDANet software to connect Treo to laptop so I can connect laptop to internet through PCS internet service. This works great, but is apparently against the terms of service. I've read that somewhere between 150mb - 300mb a month and Sprint will flag your account and either cancel or charge you.

www.trocentral.com has a lot of useful information

Treo 270

I've had the 270 for several months now through T-Mobile.

Pros and Cons:

Pros:
1. Has very good signal coverage in all major metro areas in the US and overseas, fair in rural areas

2. Has international capability with good rates, I think .93/min in Brussels. Easy to check rates from any country from website. It's also easy to place an international call to the states, dial +1 (area code) and number, phone figures out the rest.

3. Wireless internet service from Sprint. Unlimited for $20/month, doesn't affect your minutes at all. Wireless web doesn't work everywhere, but it does work in more places than you might think. Places I've used it...Rota, Spain, Sigonnella, Itally, Bahrain, etc.

4. Depending on your PDA needs, does a good job.

5. Uses Palm OS software, lots of it out there. Quicken, MS Office, etc.

6. Speaker phone works good.

Cons:
1. Won't read Javascript and that sucks if a website you want uses it. (My example is our web-based Crew Sched. site.) You can download a software that is supposed to read it, but I haven't found one yet that really works well.

2. If you use AOL, you'll have to download some AOL software for your 270 in order to get access to your acct. Costs around $15.

3. Accesory availability sucks! Just go ahead and plan on ordering them from the internet. T-Mobile stores don't carry them, so, if you are on the road and lose your power cord, you're screwed.

Other than that. I am very pleased. If you can afford the 600 though, if it reads Java Script, I go ahead and Pony Up.

Hope it helps....Tom

Trio 270 Hang ups

My 270 is always hanging and thus needs a re boot. thus must reload all data from lap top...

Any ideas...about two years old, and based in Europe. the trio not me....

Sorry man....

Wish I could help. My has done a pretty good job with just a few "soft" re-boots. The Bazer software seems to have a few glitches that if anything gets it is usually the culprit.

Latest resources

Back