• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A bid just came and showed seats for 7 ( I think that was the number) new hires. Beyond that, we are slowing any expansion till after we launch the China flying starts next year. That said, no one seems to be saying how the new regs will effect our staffing.

China? That's interesting. What will those schedules look like? What kind of frequency are they going to have?

China? That's interesting. What will those schedules look like? What kind of frequency are they going to have?

Beijing 3 times a week in April. We just started Taiwan in July. My guess is another China destination in late 2014. Or perhaps Melbourne Australia.
The next big push is going to be the Airbus 321 NEO's in 2017 for more west coast flying and A350's for longer routes than we already do.

Just a slight correction: It was around 14 slots for the 330 and 717... From the looks of it there will not be anyone else going to the -76 ever...

Also heard that those slots are for planned reg. change. Although exactly how the reg affects the operation is still in question and will need to be scrutinized more.

All I've heard so far is the need for more reserve coverage because of the reserve window changes the reg affects. Something about your duty day starting when you " go on call" so reserves will no longer be able to do those last minute west coast flights. So they may need to scatter more reserve windows throughout the day... ( with the 3 hr callout, show 1 hr before, and then a 5 hr flight it only allows for a few hours of actually on call availability) but not sure how FLAG ops fit in?

Just what I remember hearing and by no means 100%

Last edited:
I don't know, I don't work there? ;) <---HalinTexas

Just a slight correction: It was around 14 slots for the 330 and 717... From the looks of it there will not be anyone else going to the -76 ever...

I thought the 14 were a wash with 14 coming off the 767 so no new hire slots. Were the results posted already?

I thought the 14 were a wash with 14 coming off the 767 so no new hire slots. Were the results posted already?

Results were posted last week or so.. The union sent out maybe 2 emails and the company sent out the official one also....

Don't have it in front of me since I wasn't affected... But I am pretty sure that there are slots for new hires.. Somewhere around 14 total......

Was there a change in the FI rules? Since when did a discussion on hiring at a major end up in the 'General Aviation Information' area. And yes, I realize it doesn't mean GA like Cessna 172s. Isn't the 'majors' section on FI supposed to be about hiring info at major airlines?

HAL

Latest resources

Back