HAL neos in 2018?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mahalo HAL pilots:

I hope those NEO's really wow-em. HAL seems like a wonderful job. Are you planning on addressing the low first yr pay in the next contract? I wouldn't mind working there but it seems very difficult either moving or commuting to the highest cost of living city in the US. On the same note, how do most pilots do it?

Thanks

If someone has to tell you how to do it, than maybe HA isn't the job for you. No one knows your situation, personal life, etc. If you really want it you'll find a way to make it happen.

Mahalo HAL pilots:

I hope those NEO's really wow-em. HAL seems like a wonderful job. Are you planning on addressing the low first yr pay in the next contract? I wouldn't mind working there but it seems very difficult either moving or commuting to the highest cost of living city in the US. On the same note, how do most pilots do it?

Thanks

This has come up in a few union meetings. The position is that this is up to management and not the union.

Management will say they want to raise it to ensure they attract quality pilots and then want to lessen other contract gains/areas to pay for it. The union's response will be attracting quality pilots is management's problem and not the pilot groups. If they want to raise first year pay, the union will be all for it but not at the expense of anything else. The existing pilots are not going to "pay" for management's pilot recruiting.

So it's entirely up to management and what they want to pay for outside of any other contractual gains we may obtain.

The union has told management that we agree, they are going to have problems attracting quality pilots if they don't raise it.

Latest resources

Back