HAL neos in 2018?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Microclimates

buried in a memo called corporate priorities it seems as though the timeline for the neos is now 2018... thoughts?

There were always supposed to start coming in the second half of 2017 so I don't see this as much of a change. It'll take a few months once the first one arrives to get everything up to speed.

If past history is any indication, we'll start hiring in mid 2016 for these planes.

What is being delayed is the A330neo. Originally we were to start getting the A350-800s in 2017. The replacement A330neo aircraft won't start coming until 2019. But this delay is due to Airbus, not Hawaiian.

Original delivery date for the first 321NEO was right at the end of Q3 2017 (end of Sept). A few months slippage is pretty normal for these things. There is always the possibility of finding a leasing company with earlier slots and getting a couple that way too. And even in 2017 the best we were going to do was 2 aircraft. We'll be growing soon, no matter when they arrive.

HAL

We'll be growing soon, no matter when they arrive.

HAL

Raising the min day guarantee will help with that..

Anything not resembling an increase in the 4.14 ( or whatever it is off the top of my head) is a NO vote for me....

We work more days than many regionals... I know I work way more than I did at OH in the early 2000's... Almost a full week more at times....

Does this delay upgrades a few years? I heard the upgrade was about 10-12 years for folks hired in 2012.

According to the latest simulcast on corporate priorities, we are still on track to receive the A321 NEOs as planned starting in 2017.

Latest resources

Back