• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

PA-44Typed

Whats life like as a PIC there? Pay, training contract, any info would be great.
thanks

PIC's don't pay as much fo der flight times as dah SIC's does..... bouyyyyy.....

It's like being a flight instructor...except all your students now have the "My mom and dad paid a lot for this, I'm entitled." attitude now? Just a guess.

I left Pcl for a street capt at GIA. Best decision I have ever made. Spent 7 months there on the line. The training is excellent but if you've never flown a 1900 before (i was a former streamer that did the program 4 years ago).....going directly to the left seat could be a challenge. Expect to be on reserve the entire time you are at GIA. 11 months a day off, great work rules. If you go, move to your base and do NOT commute...you will be very happy. Captains authority is nearly non-existant however, scheduling, maint control and dispatch will try to brow beat you into taking a broken airplane into bad weather. Hold your ground but be prepared to defend your actions and make damn sure it was warranted if you refused an a/c. if you are on good terms with scheduling you can and will make well above guarantee(my best month was 145 hrs credit)...play nice with them and they will remember, never answer the phone and play games with them...they remember that too. For the most part the f/o's are up to speed but don't let your guard down....especially with the ones who have less than 100 hours in the a/c. make sure this is the place you want to spend several years, with oil at 100 a barrel and 65 being law now....hiring at the majors is about to come to a screaching halt.

It's not as bad as most people on here will tell you it is. Pay is decent for a 1900 captain, fist year pay is $33.68 and $3.90 override for being based in Key West. Training could be better. I took over three months to get on line. Most of the f/o's that you fly with are pretty good, but you do have to watch out sometimes. The biggest complaint I have is the maint. Overall not a terrible place to work.

According to Airline Pilot Central 1st year 1900 Capt pay:

Great Lakes: $27.00
Commutair: $30.00
Colgan: $32.00
Gulfstream: $32.00 (actual 33.68)
Big Sky: $36.00

I'm just saying pay isn'y bad compared to any other company with 1900s.

11 days off...work rules are great. That, my friends is the problems right there. When pilots think that 11 days off is great, we have lost. oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back