• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Long ago, we were required to start the APU at top of descent for ETOPS requirements. The worked pretty consistently so the FAA said we could stop.

What we found out was if you turn on the master and allow the door to fully open, it will spin the turbine and circulate the oil, making it easier to start.

Might be a good practice (once you have the STC).

TC

We still do this monthly (start before TOD). Failure to start boots us off the 180 minute rule but I believe 120 is still available.

Jetdriver,

When did you get the ASC? I was just in SAV last week and was told they were starting the first install as part of the proving process of getting the ASC approval. Was I given incorrect information? Just curious as I tried to get them to use our aircraft for the proving process but our timeframe didn't work.

gvtech

According to mygulfstream.com, the APU fix is still in the works:

06.16.2010 A Retrofit Program to address the current operating limitations for the Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) is in planning and scheduled for a 3Q10 release. Operators that are interested in scheduling incorporation of this ASC are required to complete and submit the signup form. Gulfstream Retrofit Management will prioritize the list based on the sign up list and aircraft maintenance dates.

I'm guessing there are plenty of folks running the APU in flight. Which isn't a problem....until there's a problem :eek:

Jet Driver,

You have the funniest Avatar on FI. Obviously you stayed in a Chinese hotel somewhere! Hahahahaha....

Thats an awesome photo! (Can I have a copy)

Wolf

Latest resources

Back