Gulfstream G150

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

westwind driver

Anyone have any thoughts on this new one from IAI/Gulfstream?

One of our owner's just decided to buy one, $13.5M!!!
Delivery mid 2006.

Anyone know where I can find pictures of the prototype(s)? (better than whats on gulfstream's website)

Also, are people still gonna call this thing an Astra, or will G150 stick?

I like how Gulfstream did it before with the Roman numerals, if they did the same thing with the 150 it would be the G-CL

What other type designators/names/nicknames can you guys come up with?

westwind driver said:
Anyone have any thoughts on this new one from IAI/Gulfstream?

One of our owner's just decided to buy one, $13.5M!!!
Delivery mid 2006.

Anyone know where I can find pictures of the prototype(s)? (better than whats on gulfstream's website)

Also, are people still gonna call this thing an Astra, or will G150 stick?

I like how Gulfstream did it before with the Roman numerals, if they did the same thing with the 150 it would be the G-CL

What other type designators/names/nicknames can you guys come up with?

I think Netjets ordered 50 of them recently. It looks like a slightly wider G100 - really a hybrid between the G100 and Galaxy (hence G150)... Will you get to fly it?

We have 3 pilots. Gulfstream is offering 2 type ratings and I think one Mechanic Initial. They are possibly willing to trade the maintenence school for another type rating. If thats the case, the two captains will get typed as will I.

We sat in the G150 mockup a few weeks ago. Really nice cabin compared to the Astra/G100. Plenty of room, much nicer galley and lav.
I have seen Gulfstreams pictures of the G150 and the video clips of the first flight, but all are low resolution. I was hoping to get a good in-flight picture from the first or subsequent flights to use as my desktop background.

On a different note; Our sales representative told the chief pilot yesterday that the G150 is outperforming their speed and range expectations. He didn't elaborate however.

I personally can't wait to get in this bird. I think she will be a popular aircraft.

GET THE MECHANIC. While it is a new airplane someone will need to work on it! Best decison we ever made was hire a DOM for our NEW early serial number airplane.

If you have an early serial number airplane you will definately need one. Unless of course you live in the same city as a GD or Gulfstream service center.

BTW if the contract is not signed yet the owner should be able to neg an extra FULL service pilot slot. Never accept what they offer the 1st time.

G100driver said:
GET THE MECHANIC. While it is a new airplane someone will need to work on it! Best decison we ever made was hire a DOM for our NEW early serial number airplane.

If you have an early serial number airplane you will definately need one. Unless of course you live in the same city as a GD or Gulfstream service center.

BTW if the contract is not signed yet the owner should be able to neg an extra FULL service pilot slot. Never accept what they offer the 1st time.

That's a great point!

irapilot said:

Yea nevermind Gulfstream's website. It sucks. I hate Flash and their website just doesn't have enough stuff to sift through.

At least Dassault and Raytheon have nice big, high resolution professional photos of their business aircraft lineup. You can download these and use them as the background image of your desktop.

Gulfstream needs to get away from FLASH and provide more pages for prospective buyers and enthusiasts to get lost in. More pictures would be a really big help. They don't even have good pics of the G550 etc...

G100driver said:

Gulfstream/GD in Brunswick/Savannah would work on it during the warranty period. After that we plan on using TRIMEC in Ft. Worth. They specialize in Westwinds and are transitioning over to doing more Astras. The G150 basically has the same systems as the IA-1125A Astra SPX.

So, as for the original reason for this post;

Anyone come up with or overhear nicknames for the G150?

I've always been curious - does the high placement of the engines on the fuselage result in pitch changes with power adjustments?

westwind driver said:
Gulfstream/GD in Brunswick/Savannah would work on it during the warranty period. After that we plan on using TRIMEC in Ft. Worth. They specialize in Westwinds and are transitioning over to doing more Astras. The G150 basically has the same systems as the IA-1125A Astra SPX.

Trimec is a great facilty for westwinds. I have heard nothing but good about them ... but they are not a service center. Sounds good on paper until the "f" it up and you are stuck with the bill.

GS in Savanah is not going to save your bacon when you are sitting at the hanger with "M" procedure to your MEL and the boss is waiting. Trust me on this one. Been there done that. No one makes his salary more than a good DOM.

Sounds nice though having a new Gulfstream to fly. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back