• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Guard and/or Military Flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you are right of course, never give up. I'll call the units when I get there, still in Africa right now. There are links to unit lists on the arng sites isnt there? I think I remember seeing it somewhere.

If it does turn out I cant get into the air, is there a cutoff for joining the NG in a different discipline? I have military training in the armoured corps, so thats the second option......cant fly them, shoot'em down!:eek: :D

Cheers

Skaz-

Like the previous posts said 'don't give up'. And as for the age limitations I believe the age 30 cutoff for the Air Guard is a guideline as stated earlier. I went back through training at age 32 with my unit. That being said I did have a military aviation background which helped with the waiver process. All things being equal if you wow them on first impressions most units are willing to go the extra mile for you and make an earnest effort to get you to pilot training. Whatever the case keep fighting until you get a pilot spot or every unit in the U.S. tells you no. Good luck.

Navyguy thanks , I shall do so. Gonna get my rotary wing Cpl and CFI, hopefully that plus the fixed wing will count for something.

Fly safe

Going big time

I am currently 19 years old enrolled in a community college as well as a traditional enlisted guardsman for a fighter wing. I am obtaining an associates degree in aviation, as well as a bachelors degree in business management. My grades are all A's and a few B's. And my instructor says my flying is top noch, I'll probably be soloing in 5 more flights in a cessna 172p only after 9 hours.

I would like to fly fighters in the guard and am willing to go anywhere in the world to do it. Everything I have ever worked for has been directed towards this goal. My question goes out to anyone who may guide me in certain objectives I can do to better my chances for a flight position. I would like to get into contact with some fighter pilots and see how they arrived in their current position and see what I can do right now to accelerate my performance. I have talked with a few zoomies at my home base, but any additional information would be greatly appreciated. There is one concern on my part that my current height is 6.2, How will this also effect my chances of flying an F-16 or other fighters. Thanks, Amn. Newell

Latest resources

Back