Great new look

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flechas said:
Cool, I thought it only went to the last 500 posts.
It shows the most recent 500 posts by an individual "Aviator." Older posts are still out there, they just aren't shown in the search. SO, don't bother looking at Aviators with more than 500 posts if you're looking for their "first" post.

This limitation is why I have qualified my findings with the caveat "it appears." It appears that these are the oldest threads, but there might be older. I just can't find any older using these methods.

:)

Look at those measly "Number of Posts" numbers! 12, 20, 25...

Your still considered a newbie now-a-days with even a couple hundred posts! :D

Amateurs...

I was looking for the oldest threads since the vBulletin software was implemented, when the current bunch of folks began registering in the November 2001 timeframe. Actually, I should have looked at something even simpler...

I usually use that fancy language stuff to turn links like http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=5 into something that looks like
Awesome Site. However, looking at the url in its primitive form reveals a pattern of labeling threads in chronological order. The "t=5" would seem to indicate that this is the 5th thread created. Editing the navigation bar to look at "t=1" or "t=2", etc., one finds that 5 is the smallest number for which a thread currently exists. Apparently, the first 4 threads have been deleted. The thread we're currently reading is number 7, and the first poll is number 8.

I really need to get another hobby... this is so sad...

cforst513 said:
good lord, those are all from the end of my senior year in high school, and i just graduated from college last week. where did the time go? seems just like yesterday that i was an immature 18 year old, not knowing what was in store for me. now i'm a more immature 22 year old with even less of an idea!!!

Haha that's the best way to live life, not knowing what's next, otherwise it's rather boring!!

Latest resources

Back