• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great Lakes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just an FYI, due to no upgrades for about 9 months, there is a huge back log of FOs waiting to upgrade at Lakes. New-hire pilots should expect to sit in the right seat for at least two years.

History repeating itself. I was hired at GLA back in 95. I sat for two years as an FO. That was pretty normal back then. Hell, even after I upgraded I had to go back to FO for 2 months. We were really fat on captains in 97. As time went on things changed. I remember being so short captains that they were hiring street captains. Upgrade came fast as furious. Things have slowed down again with the economy and such. This is a fluid industry. Things are always changing.

The window appears that its closed to apply. Any word on this? I have a friend who works for the company that offered to walk my resume in hopefully that will suffice.

How much should an airline that flies 4 people to Riverton, WY pay its labour? This is not continental express that flies a full rj to higher density American cities! It's GLA!

Great Lakes gets a government subsidy to the tune of $60 Million per year to serve many of the small communities where it flies. That's on top of the ticket revenue. So no, I'm sorry, only having a few passengers on board does not justify the low pay scale.

You're doing it right then! I owe ya a beer!

Just think though...most people aren't doing what you're doing.

You don't owe me a beer.... I just want the story to be accurate.... there are a lot of different reasons why people choose to go to their respective regionals.... I just hope that people getting in now don't think that recovery is just around the corner because frankly I doubt it is... there is a multitude of ways to supplement a persons income but the real key in my opinion is to get involved with your respective unions... even in a very low stress manner...

My belief is this- If you aren't doing anything to correct the problem you better have a damn good reason for bitching. I hate having people tell me that this LEC or that Committee Rep is doing an awful job/ not doing what they think should happen and then they sit back on their haunches and moan and groan some more.... just because you help pay for the materials to build a house doesn't mean its going to build itself.

How much does a corporate pilot make flying 4 people to Riverton, WY?

An airline flies passengers to generate revenue; whereas, a corporate flight department flies passengers as an expense to an existing corporation. One generates revenue (or tries to) and the other generates an expense. Your comparison is not apples to apples.

An airline flies passengers to generate revenue; whereas, a corporate flight department flies passengers as an expense to an existing corporation. One generates revenue (or tries to) and the other generates an expense. Your comparison is not apples to apples.

Do you really think there is a huge pay disparity between a corporate owned limo driver and a limo driver who drives for weddings? Or for that matter a greyhound bus driver compared to the guy shuttling execs around a massive corporate warehouse:

http://www.glassdoor.com/Hourly-Pay/Greyhound-Bus-Driver-Hourly-Pay-E93_D_KO10,20.htm

Keep drinking before reality sets in, this airline career is pathetically payed compared to what it should

Kalifornia-

You seem to be missing my point. I think pilots are worth more than they are paid whether it be airline or coporate. I also don't think all businesses have the same ability to pay their pilots. GLA doesn't make Goldman Sachs money so it certainly won't pay its employees as such. Make sense? Or am I still drinking?

Kalifornia-

You seem to be missing my point. I think pilots are worth more than they are paid whether it be airline or coporate. I also don't think all businesses have the same ability to pay their pilots. GLA doesn't make Goldman Sachs money so it certainly won't pay its employees as such. Make sense? Or am I still drinking?

Nope, you're still drinking. It's only through bottom barrel negotiations between a major and a contract carrier like GLA that ensures those low margins and poorly justified pay your dues pay rates to unprofessionally treated pilots. They are still counting on enough suckers to to take the bait and believe it will be a guaranteed payoff down the line despite the decrease in those solid legacy jobs.

Latest resources

Back