Great Lakes commuting from East Coast?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Has anyone done that?
Please spare the negative comments ( I did the search). I need a place to work and I am not getting any younger. With my times, I think I may be a pretty good fit.

Thanks, I don't think I can take another summer of dodging CBs in a ratty 172 and yelling "right rudder"

Communting anywhere sucks....even if you commute from...IAD - LGA, it still sucks. The furthur you have to commute, the more flexible you need to be. I commuted from PHX-DCA, CLT, PIT, PHL....it sucked every single time...even if I was in first class drinking like a fish.

I think Great Mistakes has a ORD domicile....that would be a lot easier than DEN!

-W-

No they don't have an ORD base. The ORD base went away 3 years ago. As far as commuting goes. It all depends on what you make of it. Yes, it can suck, but for me it beat the hell out of living in DEN. I commuted out of SEA and it wasn't that bad. If you set your expectations low, then you won't be pissed when the commute gets a little tough. Bank your sick time for missed commutes since there is no commuter clause and the CP could care less why you missed your commute. In the event of missed commutes honesty isn't the best policy at Lakes. Call in sick and take the day off!!

You can jump an most anybody. We have one guy going to EWR, another to BOS, we've have had one from ALB, one from PHL, etc. Just plan to lose a whole bunch of your 10 days off.

white E said:
Communting anywhere sucks....even if you commute from...IAD - LGA, it still sucks. The furthur you have to commute, the more flexible you need to be. I commuted from PHX-DCA, CLT, PIT, PHL....it sucked every single time...even if I was in first class drinking like a fish.

I think Great Mistakes has a ORD domicile....that would be a lot easier than DEN!

-W-

I don't think ORD even has turboprops flying into it anymore.

I think the best thing to do is to move, at least while you are junior. I don't know if you are maried or not, but for what I can see, QOL decreases beig time if you commute.

Latest resources

Back