Grandstanding @sshole Mainline Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

nimtz

Ah those losers will never have the balls to take back their flying. Dude hope we score some more deliveries. I need to upgrade soon. I've been stuck as an FO for two years now...

Statement by Captain Wendy Morse, Chairman, United Master Executive Council, Air Line Pilots Association, International and Captain Jay Pierce, Chairman, Continental Master Executive Council, Air Line Pilots Association, International Regarding the Closing of the Merger Between United Airlines and Continental Airlines

Published: Friday, 1 Oct 2010 | 10:13 AM ET

icon_textT.gif
Text Size

CHICAGO and HOUSTON, Oct 01, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- The following is a statement by Captain Wendy Morse United Master Executive Council, Air Line Pilots Association, International and Captain Jay Pierce, Chairman, Continental Master Executive Council, Air Line Pilots Association, International: "Today, United Airlines and Continental Airlines officially closed on the merger that creates the world's largest airline. We congratulate the Company for this milestone in our airline's history and recognize the celebratory mood as the new CEO and other company
officials make the rounds to hubs across the system to mark the occasion.

"While the jovial mood of the new United management team is understandable, the pilots of the combined airline are not yet ready to celebrate. We will welcome the true closing of the merger, which will happen only after a Joint Collective Bargaining Agreement (JCBA) with the pilots is achieved and the two pilot groups are combined. Then and only then will management be able to call this merger a success and realize the advertised synergies.

"It is too soon for celebration today over a corporate merger closing. We must remind the new United management that absent a pilot contract ratified by the pilots of both airlines, United will not achieve the touted synergies from this merger. Negotiations between the Joint Negotiating Committee and the Company continue and, to this point, are moving forward. But much work remains.

"No issue carries more weight than scope and the cessation of outsourcing. The pilots of Continental and United Airlines believe the time is right to correct the wrongs of the past with solutions that benefit our pilots. We believe it is our responsibility, to our pilots and to our passengers, to remind management that the business of an airline is to fly - not to outsource flying to the lowest bidder or to merely act as a ticket agent. When customers choose an airline, they rightly expect to receive service from that airline, with pilots employed and trained by that airline at the controls.

"Airline pilots throughout the world are taking notice of our stance and fight for job and scope protections. The industry is watching. The sooner management recognizes our determination and resilience regarding the protection of our jobs, the sooner they can enjoy the real fruits of this merger. It's time for a new beginning, a clean slate for United Airlines, for the pilots and for our passengers. We look forward to being able to join the new CEO and his management team in celebrating the new United Airlines. We will reserve our celebration for when the job is done and we have a JCBA in place that rewards the skill, training and responsibilities of our pilots and rightly returns flying to our airline. Until that time, management will be celebrating alone."

SOURCE United Master Executive Council of the Air Line Pilots Association; Continental Master Executive Council of the Air Line Pilots Association www.prnewswire.com Copyright (C) 2010 PR Newswire. All rights reserved -0- KEYWORD: Illinois

Last edited:
Ah those losers will never have the balls to take back their flying. Dude hope we score some more deliveries. I need to upgrade soon. I've been stuck as an FO for two years now...

Duuuude, have a nice McCareer.

i agree with everything they said.. push those 50 seat pieces of crap into a pile and light the match. you want to upgrade and make 65k for the rest of your life in a deadend regional career or do you want the majors to dump those 50 seaters grow internally and then offer you a true career position in 2013 when the retirements accelerate??? ill take the latter..

As a matter of fact when i was learning you needed 3000 hrs just to get into a decent caravan gig or an etry level charter gig.. You are entitled to nothing and to be honest should be grateful that you are sitting with all that turbine jet time pic or not..

When i had 1000hrs i thought i had died and gone to heaven when i got right seat in a king air 90

A drum roll please....

Welcome to the NEW "B" SCALE!

They will f*ck over the new guys to capture the flying. Be ready to languish for years at sub-par wages while hoping for a chance to fly the big iron. Ironic considering I have been doing the same here at Mesa, only to look forward to more of the same at some other airline.

So let me get this straight...nimnutz is mocking Captain Morse's stance on scope?

I support her stand 100% - hopefully it will spread to Delta!

What's Southwest's scope clause? Oh yeah, N/A.

Hopefully this is not grandstanding, but a rejuvenation of the career!

Wow Einstein, you want mainline to shrink so there's no jobs opening up at the legacies. Well thought out.

I hope your dreams come true, then you can upgrade to captain on 70 seat jet, negotiate a contract that pays you enough to support your family and retire, and after that contract gets negotiated and ratified the mainline carrier you contract for can sign a contract with a different feeder carrier that makes half what you make, because you will be too expensive, you'll lose your contract with that mainline carrier, be out of work at 40, start over making half what your were making back in the right seat and hope for an upgrade within 2 to 3 years and start the cycle over again...and so goes the race to the bottom.

I hope your dreams come true, then you can upgrade to captain on 70 seat jet, negotiate a contract that pays you enough to support your family and retire, and after that contract gets negotiated and ratified the mainline carrier you contract for can sign a contract with a different feeder carrier that makes half what you make, because you will be too expensive, you'll lose your contract with that mainline carrier, be out of work at 40, start over making half what your were making back in the right seat and hope for an upgrade within 2 to 3 years and start the cycle over again...and so goes the race to the bottom.

I guess sarcasm was misread. After hearing a few too many whines about not upgrading fast enough while Guppies were being parked, my sarcasm is maxed. Oh and don't forget a few Capts telling me that making 75K/year with weekends off is a good deal. There has been a loss of focus over the fact that regionals are mostly a stop enroute to final destination. Jay and Wendy could of come out talking general about the lack of a new deal today, but it's clear CAL-UAL prime concern is SCOPE...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back