Govern't issued a "High Allert" notice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

72Longhorn

I guess this is a good indication of war being right around the corner. With the State of the Union a couple of weeks ago and now this.

I predict war will begin this month.

Any thoughts out there in aviation world?

72Longhorn

Yes I also belive it's coming very soon. About the General Aviation, it will be ok but I feel they will be putting up more TFR. As well as some closing of Airports here an there just for a few hours or a day.

It's something we will have to live with. And I feel if its going to happen well lets just get it done so we can get back to our normal life.

First Longhorn. How did you get to fly all these types with your time? That's pretty impressive.

Second. It doesn't give me a warm fuzzy about the "red alert" now that I live in a hotel 16 days a month. Seeing that hotels could be potential targets.

Dep676,

I was at the right place at the right time and lucky; and never paid a dime for my flight time. I got the type through the WIA (free) after being furloghed, where I still am.

I'm curious to know if the airline pilots going through the security check points are affected by this increased security alert.

Anyone actually still believing a war isnt going to happen i have some choice beachfront property in antarctica for sale

The fight is on the war has begun

This war for all intents and purposes has already begun. From experience I can assure you we are already well underway. Just because our friends with the shinny silver and gold wings have yet to commence turning stone into dust is no indicator to the obvious.

A close friend of mine who still works in the know shared with me, some time back that the Pentagon had reached zero point and all that was needed from the go to the actual attack now was eleven days.

This war will be like no other we have ever seen, it will be quick and it will be brutal. The War College has code named the battle strategy “Shock and Awe”; we will be placing more firepower upon Iraqi in 48 hours than we did during the entire 40 days of the previous gulf war.

Large chunks of the country in the north and south will be quickly seized and any unfortunate Iraqi soul within those areas will quickly find his options are slim and none.

The world will someday that us for what we are about to undertake, just as they did after WWII.

We will forever change the face of the Middle East, permanently and for the greater good.

God speed to our troops,
Good luck and good hunting will see you on the other side of this mess.

Hippie

I think that 11 day figure has lost a day or two; perhaps more like an 8 day requirement.

March 1

I did the moon phase website thing 2 days ago when the orange alert was issued. March 3 is the new moon so if we go in around March 1 (Iraqi 3:AMish), this will give us 3-5 days of dark nights to drop bombs without being seen as easily. This also will keep the 5 oclock news idiots at bay for 2 days to get most of the work done before the uneducated retoric starts for the 5 O-clock news watchers.

I also looked up the origional Gulf war and we sent in the blackhawks on Jan 17. It was dark that night as well. Here is the link to check it out for yourselves if you wish.

http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/vphase.html

Latest resources

Back