Got gouge on AMS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flaco

If anyone wants info on Guard Officer School (AMS), I'm here to help. Just got back.

The newest 2nd Lt in the military
Flaco

Congrats man!! You must feel great. Now if only I could get my class date. And if they could also reduce OCS to AMS length I would be happier.

congrats, I guess my only question would be is there any you would have liked to known prior to going to AMS and is there anything I should bring that is not on the list.

Thanks

AMS Gouge

Stuff to know:

1.) If you bring a laptop, bring a printer. You will be able to use both if you bring them.

2.) You can't use cell phones until the last few days. No e-mailing (or internet access) is allowed either. There is a computer in each dorm that is connected to a central printer (1 per squadron - 20 people). The printer can get busy. That's why it's useful, but not required to have a laptop and printer.

3.) You can have a camera. Bring one.

4.) Try and get there on Saturday as opposed to Sunday. You will have time to get your room in inspection order, instead of trying to do it the first few days when you have no time. Your training rep can get the extra day for you if you ask.

5.) Can't wear civilian clothes until the last day, so don't bother bringing them.

6.) If you are prior enlisted, bring ribbons and duty badges (a few sets) Do not bring enlisted rank. You will wear the ribbons and badges, but no rank. You will get "student" rank based on your position in the wing or squadron that you will wear.

That's the first things that come to mind. E-mail me with any other questions you have: [email protected]

Later,

Flaco

Group PT

It's pretty much non-existant. If there is group PT, it'll be a few hours on Saturday with a volleyball tourney or something.

Flaco

Here's a dumb question... I can't remember reading about pull-ups being part of the PFT. Anybody know if they are required? If so, what's the #/time alotted? Just wanna be ready to rock when I get there.

Skyward80

PFT

The PFT at AMS is a required event, but you don't have to meet any standard to graduate.

You can get an award for doing very well on it, but it does not include pull-ups. You do pushups (2 minutes), situps (2 minutes), and the 2 mile run.

The only event that must be passed in order to graduate is the 1.5 mile run during the first two weeks, but the standards are very lax.

By the way, I am sandbagging in the Viper now. It's the coolest thing I've ever done in my life.

Flaco

Latest resources

Back