• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

got a case of mondays

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
. He also says he will probably be used more since he will non-rev (using his old airline pass/travel privileges) to where the aircraft is, instead of having the company buy him a ticket like they did for me.....blah, blah, blah

I had a friend of mine in the same situation only with a pilot still on the roster ... this is what he did:

Found out what airline he worked for and got the name and phone number of jump seat coordinator. Told him that if he ever saw him again that he was going to call the jump seat coordinator and give him the dates that he used the jump seat and that he was using the jumpseat to make income .... Never saw him again.

I had a friend of mine in the same situation only with a pilot still on the roster ... this is what he did:

Found out what airline he worked for and got the name and phone number of jump seat coordinator. Told him that if he ever saw him again that he was going to call the jump seat coordinator and give him the dates that he used the jump seat and that he was using the jumpseat to make income .... Never saw him again.

FTR, using pass privileges and using jumpseat privileges are two separate ways of traveling.

Last year, when i was unemployed and trying to survive doing contract work, I had the same thing happen to me.....

Retired Major Airline Capt had taken an early out and got a job flying corp for the past several years. He had lost his corp job in July, but was getting paid thru the end of the year. Friend of mine called and asked if this guy could call and ask some questions about contract flying (as we both flew the same type of aircraft).

Anyway, he ends up finding out who I fly for somehow - wasn't hard, as there was only one of those types of aircraft in the the area.

He calls me and tells me that he figured out who I was flying for and that he had met the owner before. He then proceeds to tell me how he will talk to the owner and charge a lower rate than I do. He also says he will probably be used more since he will non-rev (using his old airline pass/travel privileges) to where the aircraft is, instead of having the company buy him a ticket like they did for me.....blah, blah, blah

So not only was he getting paid a severence for the next six months, he calls and asks for my help, then tries to undercut me to take work away.

D-bag extraodinaire!

what an entitled ass...

Last edited:
That the same way I feel about that D-bad Dr who writes for flying magazine. He bought himself a Lear SIC and a uniform from sporty's. If you see him in the Tampa aera, please tell him what d-bag he is.

That the same way I feel about that D-bad Dr who writes for flying magazine. He bought himself a Lear SIC and a uniform from sporty's. If you see him in the Tampa aera, please tell him what d-bag he is.

Ditto. That guy is not just a d*****bag, he's a super-ultra-mega-d*****bag. I tried corresponding with him a couple of times (very politely, I might add) after just plain stupid blunders in articles, and his ego is the size of Nebraska. Aaughhh!! I'm getting pissed off just thinking about his condescending know-it-all attitude.

Latest resources

Back